Annoying Screen Issue

Kamon

Reaction score
I have this issue where my screen acts like it is being touched over and over in the same spot. It is really annoying and this is the second time this has happened.

Here is a video to help you understand (sorry for the bad quality..):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=604oVElXJqc"]YouTube - Motorolla Droid Screen Problem[/ame]

It might be kinda hard to understand whats going on but to sum it up, I have the live wallpaper that reacts when you touch it by sending lines of light off in four directions, as you can see, it is doing that but I am not touching it.. It eventually opens up the home screen menu thingy that pops up when you hold down on it.

This is the second time I had this happen, first time I took it up to the Verizon Store here and they gave me a replacement. Will they again? I got the phone December 23rd of 2009.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any way to fix it other than getting a replacement? Anyone know the cause of it?

OmarG1992

Reaction score
The exact same thing is happening with mine. Idk the cause of it but it happened once after I got it (beginning of may). It stopped after a couple hours and I thought "oh it's no big deal"....

But it started happening again, to the point where it is nearly impossible to use. I try texting and it opens up the contact info, or calls them. I'm on the web and it starts zooming in and out like crazy, and i mean CRAZY!! And sometimes when i try to unlock the phone to go on the home screen it goes crazy yet again. Its been happening all day today so tomorrow I'm going to a verizon wireless store. Its pretty annoying :(

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try a factory reset.

OP
K

Kamon

Reaction score
Well, I took it to the Verizon store and they tried doing a factory reset and everything. Issue still stayed. They ended up giving me a new one (well mailing me one, will be here Tuesday -.-)

I really do hope I just have HORRIBLE luck and this is a device error. This will be my third droid (even though I have only payed for 1, but still..). If this happens again I will cry. I have poked around and I don't seem to be the only one. Another issue, one I forgot to mention, was that like part of the left side of my touch screen and my return touch button are not working.

And OmarG1992..thats how mine happened the second time. At first I thought maybe something got on the screen as it seemed to come and go, but then it started going cwazy. The first time though, I woke up one morning and it was going nuts. You should be able to get a replacement from Verizon for no cost :)

Reaction score
Well, I took it to the Verizon store and they tried doing a factory reset and everything. Issue still stayed. They ended up giving me a new one (well mailing me one, will be here Tuesday -.-)

I really do hope I just have HORRIBLE luck and this is a device error. This will be my third droid (even though I have only payed for 1, but still..). If this happens again I will cry. I have poked around and I don't seem to be the only one. Another issue, one I forgot to mention, was that like part of the left side of my touch screen and my return touch button are not working.

And OmarG1992..thats how mine happened the second time. At first I thought maybe something got on the screen as it seemed to come and go, but then it started going cwazy. The first time though, I woke up one morning and it was going nuts. You should be able to get a replacement from Verizon for no cost :)

Do they give replacements if I dont have a contract with them cuz i have that same problem

OP
K

Kamon

Reaction score
Hmm, I honestly couldn't say either way. If they don't, try contacting Motorola maybe?

19DroidRage84

Reaction score

Do they give replacements if I dont have a contract with them cuz i have that same problem

My friend and I started having this problem and had to warranty replace our phones. My friend bought his droid without a 2 year contract because he wanted to stay with his altell plan. He just called verizon and they sent him a new phone.

OmarG1992

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys :). I took it to verizon and they did a factory reset and it continued to act up. The verizon wireless guy looked creeped out when he saw how it was behaving lol. They are mailing me a replacement :) it should get here wednesday.