Random touch screen problems.

ling427ttvette

Reaction score
So as of late, my phone has been having strange issues.. but it seems to occur from 8 in the morning to about 830-845 in the morning, sometimes not so long. And at random times through out the day, but lasts for maybe a minute or two at most, and goes back to normal.

When I hit the power button to get to the lock screen, I can slide the lock over just fine, always works. But, the home screen will not recognize touch, and if it does it doesn't input it all the time. And sometimes, it will flash orange on the object you touched repeatedly, as if the screen is stuck down on that object. Sometimes, when I go to open a program and tap it, it will instead slide over to another home screen. And when I try to touch the home button at the bottom of the phone, it will instead open up the screen for what apps are running, or just not take the input at all.

At first, I thought this was the touch screen but since it happens at random and the screen works normally after it quits freaking out, I'm thinking it's software.

What should I try?

kaboyd

Reaction score
Are you using an aftermarket charger? I had all of those problems while using a cheap charger I purchased from Monoprice.com

OP
L

ling427ttvette

Reaction score
No, just the charger that came with the phone. I've had the phone for a few weeks now, and it just started a couple days ago.

kaboyd

Reaction score
My second thought would be a rouge app you installed. It might be good to either reboot in safe mode which boots your phone without allowing access to your apps, or do a factory reset and reinstall your apps afterwards.