Touch Screen Issues

tooqtcute

Reaction score
First forgive me because I am not the most tech savvy person but here goes...

I got a new Verizon Driod and took it in to have my old number switched over. The whole time in the store no issues.

I got it home - played with it for a bit setting up my facebook and email accounts. I locked it and went to do some errands.

When I came back the screen would not react at all. I took the battery out to force a reset- still no reaction on the touch screen. In desperation- I called the tech line where he helped me reset it to the factory settings ... HOWEVER... the touch screen STILL doesn't work.

Please tell me there is some sort of fix for this. I JUST got it... barely used from my sister who had NO issues with it. She had to send in her old droid for a new one and so this one is barely 2 months old... (she has since gone with an updated version)

Before spending that kind of cash on a phone I wanted to get a feel for the applications and usablity of the device but right now I am not feeling too good about it.

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!

heylookapanda

Reaction score
I actually had a similar issue with my original Droid and my husband did as well with his droid 2 global. It's an actual technical issue and not even rooting can fix it. It has to be taken to the manufacturer and replaced. I went through 5-6 phones during nearly 2 years of my having he Droid and everyone of hem were replace due to he same problem you are having. I switched to the thunderbolt recently and am having no problems so far. Hasn't been long enough to tell yet, but I haven't had that issue or anything close to it yet. Don't be scared off by this issue. The Droid 2 global is much better. The only time my husband has any issues with his is when its in his pocket when he's working hard and creating too much heat for us phone to handle. I considered going to the iPhone, but was quickly turned back to us Droid when I came across the thunderbolt. I am not a full touch screen fan, but I love my phone.

The one benefit to buying the phone is he warranty. I paid for he ensurance and it extended my warranty all he way up to two years. You get a refurbished phone, but they fix all the issues... Usually... Lol

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well today, I started to have touch screen issues. It keeps trying to zoom in an out on its own when I'm scrolling through a web page (using one finger). Or it completely types the wrong letters when I send a text. Anyone else having any issues?

tpearson25

Reaction score
I had the same issues with my Bionic out of the box. I had to take it back to Veriaon to get a new one. My new one is working fine so far. I tried with and without case and without screen proctector nothing worked for me.

bionic210

Reaction score
I had the same issues with my Bionic out of the box. I had to take it back to Veriaon to get a new one. My new one is working fine so far. I tried with and without case and without screen proctector nothing worked for me.

Your new bionic is working alot better as far as the screen goes now though? Texting is better and the unlock screen seems smooth like it should be? What about when its charging?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tpearson25

Reaction score
I have no problems with it as of now. I can text open and close apps as well unlock the phone with ease. I have not used it much while charging but have not noticed any problems. I think I just got a lemon out of the box. I hope this is not a bigger problem that will come back again.

bionic210

Reaction score
I agree with the software issue. When I go fast on the multitouch keyboard just swiping lady to right not lifting up my finger it will randomly select a character but it wont do that on swypeinc are another keyboard, and the keyboard on the x2 works great so im sure moto just needs to put out a newer software to fix some of the touchscreen issues. Hopefully it gets brought up to them and they fix it tho.

bionic210

Reaction score
Im not really sure what it could be with the touch screen. Has anyone had any problems with it not keyboard related? And not when it was charging? Cuz I tried a paint test and everything looked pretty good.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm still having issues but I think I've narrowed it down. It seems to only happen when the phone is charging. The touch screen seems to get really buggy and not register. Once it's off the charger it seems fine.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Okay, I'm still having issues but I think I've narrowed it down. It seems to only happen when the phone is charging. The touch screen seems to get really buggy and not register. Once it's off the charger it seems fine.

if it's only happening when its charging I have to ask...
are you using the cord and block that came with the Bionic or are you using an old one?