Touch Screen Issues

phoenixus

Reaction score
It's happened to me twice since launch..both times while charging. Issue stops when I take it off the charger.

GingerKid

Reaction score
I recently got a replacement Droid3 because I had issues with it functioning. I got my new one, activated it fine, but after a couple hours the touchscreen wasn't working right. I would be clicking the top of the screen, for example the market button in the apps area, and it would click on something on the bottom of the screen. My phone had no issues until I started using the Slacker app, so I was wondering if it was just a coincidence, or if Slacker messed it up. Also, if I open up a text message and don't have the physical keyboard out, it will start typing nonsense on its own. I have Android version 2.3.4, with the factory ROM. The replacement (as usual) is a refurb. Should I be that person and call Verizon and get a new phone, or is there a way to fix it? Please help soon, the touch screen is so bad I have to use the arrow keys on the keyboard to do anything but unlock the phone.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Does the problem go away when you are not charging the device? My Droid 3's screen sensitivity goes all crazy in certain circumstances when charging.

If it has a problem whether or not you're charging I would try restarting in safe mode to see if any app is causing the problem. If it still does it, I'd go for the factory reset. At that point if the problem is still there then it is time to call Verizon for a replacement.

GingerKid

Reaction score
It still has the problem when not charging. Also, how would a factory reset help if it was like this out of the box?