Andy Rubin

Nedaroth

Reaction score
"you will see us deliver multitouch in the majority of our devices going forward"

Motorola CEO: the browser multi-touch function will be included in all its future devices
Posted on 14 January 2010
http://tinyurl.com/ycyeqs4

I don’t know how, but the boys from “Laptop” magazine have finally managed to take Motorola`s co-CEO Sanjay Jha an interview. At the first question Sanjay hesitated to answer, because it was something like this: “Had Nexus-One overshadowed the DROID?” in return he talked about how the Time Magazine Gadget of the Year managed to score high popularity numbers and about the amazing turn by turn navigation app.

Another interesting topic that stood out during the interview was about including the multitouch feature into its Google devices. Sanjay Jha`s exact words were: “I think you will see us deliver multitouch in the majority of our devices going forward. There’s a complex set of factors, not all of them technical. But I think you’ll see us being proactive on multitouch because the user feedback on multitouch is very good.”

So, it turns out that the first step that Motorola is going to do, is upgrading the Motorola Droid with the browser multi-touch support.. Another thing that you should know is that, unlike us, the Europeans are already enjoying the moultitouch feature (pinch-to-zoom in the browser). The reason for the lack of multi-touch support for the American Droid version was because Andy Rubin, which is the software engineer, didn`t like the two handed operations. I`m sure you all agree with me when I say that he made a wise choice when he changed his mind.

As for the question about the most rumored Motorola tablet, Sanjay said that he expects “innovation from us in this space”.

Tags: browser, droid, multi_touch

Ok this is from the MOTO forums, but what i want to point out is Andy Rubin he came to moto from Apple, and was interviewed just recently and at the end of the interview he was asked he if uses an iphone and his response was yes.:icon_eek:

styx

Reaction score
I can see it being a big deal if you're coming from an Ipod. I really could care less if it has pinch or not.

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
I can see it being a big deal if you're coming from an Ipod. I really could care less if it has pinch or not.

Oh i agree, i just want to point out Andy Ruben and the fact that he was the deciding factor and he did infact come to moto from apple. I find that interesting.

styx

Reaction score
Yea, At first I always thought it was a legal patent issue. But the Dolphin Broswer has it. (for those who don't know) I'm sure it will help with sales, those coming from Ipods.

Shad0w325

Reaction score
I don't care about multi-touch for the browser. I just want it so it will make typing on the virtual keyboard faster. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
At first it was a must have, now that I have dolphin browser, I have revert back to the factory browser. I like the drois the way it is, if you want pinch to zoom add the dolphin browser if not dont. I see it as another way to customize your phone to fit your need.