Motorola CEO Says Mulittouch Coming

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Saw this article. Take note of the "going forward" statement. I'm not sure if that leaves us out. He also says there are also non-technical hurdles apparently.

--------------------

Multitouch coming to 'majority' of future Motorola devices, says CEO

"Native app multitouch, you say? It's a dream that most US Android users have failed to experience, but Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha has let loose some promising words. In an interview with Laptop, he asserted that the company will be more proactive in getting the two-finger (or more) shuffle into its Google devices -- more specifically he said, "I think you will see us deliver multitouch in the majority of our devices going forward. There's a complex set of factors, not all of them technical." That last bit's pretty ominous, but nothing we haven't surmised before, and frankly, it all sounds a lot better than "we'll consider it." Also discussed in the interview is the inevitability of tablet experimentation, and the (un)likelihood of a Motoblur phone landing in Google's online store. "I think clearly the bias is towards Google Experience devices." Perhaps, but we'll be interested to see what HTC has to say about that."

Multitouch coming to 'majority' of future Motorola devices, says CEO -- Engadget