Android tethering FAQ thread

jf7609

Reaction score
I bought the full version. From what I remember, you cant use sites like Facebook. Sites where you have to log in.

Sent from my Rooted DInc

Juxtaposition

Reaction score
FYI

I'm on a Verizon unlimited data plan with an HTC Incredible.

I use PDANet to tether my phone to stream Netflix on my laptop. In addition to this, I use my phone pretty regular to browse the internet during my daily commute.

April 2011: 19534 MB
March 2011: 17600 MB
February 2011: 17428 MB

So far, so good. No notices from Verizon or cancelling of my data plan. I can't confirm that you won't (maybe I'm just lucky), but hopefully this will help you piece together how much tethering you might be able to get away with.

Last edited:

coltlacey

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is watching this thread anymore but i figured id try. I'm having trouble using barnacle...it worked after i rooted my phone for iPhones and my 360. It quit working after i set a password for access. I uninstalled, reinstalled and still wont work. Swithched roms for fun, cm7.0.0 rc4 doesn't support wifi tethering yet on the milestone, wouldn't work for bugless beast either. Tried going to "wifi tether for root users" same thing. Wont be recognized....i swapped back to original rom, (2.0.1) can't run kernal wont work with "wifi tether for root users" and barnacle still isn't being recognized by my xoom!!! Please help me! I'm new to rooting, and roms but am trying to learn as much as possible! Thanks for your time guys!

Sent from my A854 using DroidForums

windyridge

Reaction score
PDA net doesn't seem to exist anymore for computer downloads. The Droid market still has the phone app but nowhere can I find the computer app. All the sites are gone. :-( Juxta, where did you get the PC download?

Juxtaposition

Reaction score
Last edited:

windyridge

Reaction score
Hey Juxta, thankss but that's the link I tried. When did you try it last? Is it my ISP? I don't get it. I googled PDANet as well and all the results were dead links.