Android Processing Data Concept Taken From Apple?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
androidlaw.jpg

Lawsuits bring out the true colors of everyone involved, and now it seems Apple is claiming Andy Rubin used some Apple owned concepts while building Android. This claim comes as HTC said to ITC that Andy started his work with General Magic, but it turns out that's not true. Andy Rubin worked with Apple during a short period of time in the 90's, and this was apparently while Apple was working on the patent that Android apparently is infringing on.

Here is the quote from Apple:
Android and Mr. Rubin's relevant background does not start, as HTC would like the Commission to believe, with his work at General Magic or Danger in the mid-1990s. In reality, as the evidence revealed at the hearing, Mr. Rubin began his career at Apple in the early 1990s and worked as a low-level engineer specifically reporting to the inventors of the '263 [realtime API] patent at the exact time their invention was being conceived and developed. [...] It is thus no wonder that the infringing Android platform used the claimed subsystem approach of the '263 patent that allows for flexibility of design and enables the platform to be "highly customizable and expandable" as HTC touts. [...] While Mr. Rubin's inspiration for the Android framework may not be directly relevant to the pending petitions for review, that HTC felt compelled to distort this history is illustrative of the liberties it takes in attacking the ALJ's [initial determination] and the substantial evidence supporting the ALJ's findings.

This is not a big deal considering Andy Rubin is not on HTC's pay roll. Apple mentioned this just to clarify a misleading statement. Now considering Google is now on the verge of buying Motorola, this patent violation might become a big deal soon enough.

It is quite amazing how many lawsuits are waiting for Google whenever they take the keys to Motorola's HQ offices. I would reconsider this whole purchase if I was Google, but that is just my thoughts, share yours below.

Via: GSMArena

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhino413

Reaction score
I'm no legal expert but I would bet that Google with all its money and all it legal clout knows what its doing.
Motorola has been building radios and phones long before apple had the Idea for the IPHONE poop into its little head
and I'm guessing that it just being a cell phone violates dozens of Motorola patents there is a reason apple has not fully charged into
any one company right now. and visa verse I'm betting if that was to happen every device ever made by every company would violate dozens of
patents. Right now its all about slowing the competition. But again I'm no expert just my thoughts on this matter. Google + Motorola= Android powerhouse with devices that will rock. I cant wait for those beasts to come out and I hope Google does away with motos locked boot-loaders

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Andy Robin? This is the 2nd time (at least) that you've messed up his name. What an embarrassment for an Android site! It's Andy Rubin.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I now that this isn't even close to correct, I'm going to assume just for a moment that ALJ stands for the Apple League of Justice and that their legal department wears superhero costumes under their suits and has some undeserved sense of entitlement and/or imaginary power over the rest of the world.

Vito.a

Reaction score
I agree with Rino. It's all corporate legal tactics trying to slow down the competition. In the end, only the lawyers win.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am humored that Apple is claiming that it is Apple's technology allowing Android to be "highly customizable and expandable" because I know that when I think of iOS, the very first thing I think of is "highly customizable and expandable."

Touche, Apple; touche...