It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
People said soon on 2.1 and it took months.

And we just got it.

It's gonna be at least 6 months.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean you think it's going to be atleast 6 months. Think what you want but Adobe has officially said before the end of the first half for all flash capable android devices. Not that sets it in concrete but I trust their word over ours for now.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm more excited about all the 2.2 threads we are going to have than about flash. When flash comes out finally I'll be too busy checking out the 2.3 threads to watch movies anyways!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I'm actually disappointed by this news... nay, depressed. I had more faith in Adobe providing us with flash on time (since they now feel the pressure over HTML5) then I ever will with Moto/Verizon updates after the 2.1 fiasco. Mark my words, highlight them, email your friends, and preach it to everyone you know because we won't see flash now until the end of the year. I bet some of you will protest this comment, there will be hundreds of new threads with thousands of new posts discussing unrealistic dates promised by people who simply never deliver, all the uproar for nothing. In the end I'd bet $100 to any one of you that I'm right, and if you're nice, I'll even buy you a beer with it too.

Riddick

Reaction score
I'm actually disappointed by this news... nay, depressed. I had more faith in Adobe providing us with flash on time (since they now feel the pressure over HTML5)

What part of this news make it sound like its being delayed? I'm curious why you're disappointed.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I'm actually disappointed by this news... nay, depressed. I had more faith in Adobe providing us with flash on time (since they now feel the pressure over HTML5)

What part of this news make it sound like its being delayed? I'm curious why you're disappointed.

Lets put it this way. 2.1 was, IMO, very light on anything NEW. Live wallpapers. Wow, had it. Updated photo viewers. Wow, had that too. Speech to text (probably most impressive, really.) and pinch/zoom...again, got it already. These are things we all had already (at least for us rooted guys), yet it took MONTHS to for them to develop, and then they retract their original release and don't explain to anyone why for months. Actually an explanation never was really given for the delay. Now they are going to be entwining themselves in something that is actually new, I don't have much expectation for this coming for a very long time when they can't even push out software that is already developed without issues and extensions.

If things were different as they initially appeared, we only had to wait for Adobe to push it out for us since 2.1 would run it anyway. Now we have to wait for both, and as you can see, my faith in OTA updates from Verizon in a timely manner is quite non existent. I just hope there is some kind of development leak from Adobe so we can port from it and have it going so we don't have to wait till Christmas. =-/

Also this is coming from a Verizon/Droid fan-boy, so this should mean something to the world as well.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Re: It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

Also since I can't edit my own post 2 minutes after making it (WTF?) here is new thread to exemplify exactly what I'm saying. It makes my point perfectly.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/40832-will-droid-incredible-ever-see-2-2-other-updates.html#post435210

I'm telling you, don't hold your breath guys.

Its because you're in the news section of the forum where you have never been able to edit your posts...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Also since I can't edit my own post 2 minutes after making it (WTF?) here is new thread to exemplify exactly what I'm saying. It makes my point perfectly.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/40832-will-droid-incredible-ever-see-2-2-other-updates.html#post435210

I'm not, Moving onto the Incredible for a few months then on to whatever else is out at that time.....

And I'd say bout 30% of Droidies will do the same thing before we ever see Flash on the Droid. At least now for sure. Lots of new, striking sets are to come. :)

Hugh Jass

Reaction score

Its because you're in the news section of the forum where you have never been able to edit your posts...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks that was really confusing me right there. :redface: