It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

MarkDriod

Reaction score
This announcement has me feeling like singing a song…(Insert Michael Buble melody) “Andy Rubins, he’s the man, he just dropped a Flash 10.1 release date bombshell on all the Android fans. Bam.” Wow. Andy Rubins, the VP of engineering for Google had a quick chat with media members last week and casually tossed out a Flash notice…
He also promised that full support for Adobe’s Flash standard was coming in the next version of Android, code-named Froyo, for frozen yogurt (previous Android releases were called Cupcake, Donut and Eclaire, and are represented outside building 44 on the Google campus with giant sculptures of the desserts). Sometimes being open “means not being militant about the things consumer are actually enjoying,” he said.
He also likened Apple to North Korea…
Mr. Rubin also addressed many other topics—like whether consumers actually care if their mobile phone software is “open” or not. He insisted that they will, comparing closed computing platforms to totalitarian governments that deprive their citizens of choice. “When they can’t have something, people do care. Look at the way politics work. I just don’t want to live in North Korea,” he said.

Google’s Andy Rubin on Everything Android - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com

YESS!!
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif

Source: Droid Life
Source: The New York Times

Last edited by a moderator:

Sal

Reaction score
This announcement has me feeling like singing a song…(Insert Michael Buble melody) “Andy Rubins, he’s the man, he just dropped a Flash 10.1 release date bombshell on all the Android fans. Bam.” Wow. Andy Rubins, the VP of engineering for Google had a quick chat with media members last week and casually tossed out a Flash notice…
He also promised that full support for Adobe’s Flash standard was coming in the next version of Android, code-named Froyo, for frozen yogurt (previous Android releases were called Cupcake, Donut and Eclaire, and are represented outside building 44 on the Google campus with giant sculptures of the desserts). Sometimes being open “means not being militant about the things consumer are actually enjoying,” he said.
He also likened Apple to North Korea…
Mr. Rubin also addressed many other topics—like whether consumers actually care if their mobile phone software is “open” or not. He insisted that they will, comparing closed computing platforms to totalitarian governments that deprive their citizens of choice. “When they can’t have something, people do care. Look at the way politics work. I just don’t want to live in North Korea,” he said.

Google’s Andy Rubin on Everything Android - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com

YESS!!
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif
icon_%20banana.gif

WoooHooo! Froyo is the same thing as 2.2, yes?

OP
MarkDriod

MarkDriod

Reaction score
Oh sorry I will link for u next time I just give people for know what update

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lets hope rooters slap this into a nice ROM before or the day this happenes. (seeing how updates have gone, I am sure rooters will have this before unrooters do, just seems to be the way things go)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha i just saw the new "ALSO IM DEAF... U REMEBER THAT!" - thats great man hah. I remembered when I saw this post made by you. Shout it out bro!

OP
MarkDriod

MarkDriod

Reaction score
no worries i will link for u next time!

I really like your site Ive read your site for everyday because best site and Driod Forum too! :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Flash arrives with Froyo.

For those that have been anxiously awaiting Flash 10.1 the wait is almost over.

Andy Rudin says it will be released with the next version of Android code named Froyo. The article states:

Andy also spoke about the fear of the "fragmenting" of the Android OS:

These systems naturally evolve, causing newer applications to not be compatible with older devices. “But compatibility for us means more than it does for other people,” Mr. Rubin said. “We have to run on a screen the size of a phone and a 42-inch plasma display – and still be compatible. I think we have the world’s first moment where an app written for phone can run on TV.”

So there you have it. Flash with Froyo. Now if the rumors hold true May 19th will be a time to celebrate.

Source: The New York Times

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes! i cannot wait to watch hulu (when im too lazy to turn on my computer :) )