It’s Official: Flash Coming in Froyo

HarshReality

Reaction score
The thing that annoys me is if flash is simply to be released then why all the hub bub over signing up for beta trials that arent even going to happen.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Because it'll be just like 2.1;

Hugh,
You are quite adamant in your post about what is "going" to happen. Flash is coming from Adobe, and is not dependent on any push by Verizon, Motorola, HTC, or other. It is HIGHLY likely that Adobe will post 10.1 on the market in the time frames that they have stated (by end of 1H). The word "fully supported" in relation to Froyo IMO means that some level of additional support will come when Froyo is released.

Again, this is MY OPINION that is based on statements made by Adobe execs. What are you basing your statements on?

Opinion of course.

Also flash is only capable of being used in a browser, no? I just figured Froyo was being packaged with flash built in to the browser in the update, meaning a simultaneous release because any support would have to be all of it in that case right? I'm not aware of any other use for flash besides browser web content. If I'm right in assuming that Flash is only browser based then it only implies a simultaneous release, no?

Even if the Flash we get can play audio/video in specific format, would it be worth a global announcement for this "fully supported" statement?

No one can refute/provide info on this? What does Flash and "support" have in common?

wldworld

Reaction score
This announcement has me feeling like singing a song…(Insert Michael Buble melody) “Andy Rubins, he’s the man, he just dropped a Flash 10.1 release date bombshell on all the Android fans. Bam.” Wow. Andy Rubins, the VP of engineering for Google had a quick chat with media members last week and casually tossed out a Flash notice…http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/googles-andy-rubin-on-everything-android/
Am I the only one that doesn't see an actual release date?

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
They said Flash/Froyo will come in Q3 2010...

...which means it will arrive in Q1 2011.

Seriously, when is the last time a developer/carrier promised an update and then DELIVERED ON TIME? The answer is never. They tease because they need investors, competitors, and potential customers to swoon over their product pipeline, and then continuously delay it while saying "oops we're working on it" over and over.

How many times did Android 2.1 get delayed? Three? Four?