android.process.media issue

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
The battery on my D3 is dying a faster than it should. After a little digging I found that android.process.media is eating up CPU time for some reason. I tried clearing data from the Media Storage program but this only helps until I reboot the phone. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

OP
D

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
The problem seems to be gone now after I have moved everything from the SD card to internal storage. For a short time after booting the process will consume a lot of cpu time but it falls off after a minute or two.
I know that there was a problem before but it is possible that I simply had too much media (pictures, videos, and music) on the SD card and it was taking the process more time than normal to index it all.

wkearney99

Reaction score
I know that there was a problem before but it is possible that I simply had too much media (pictures, videos, and music) on the SD card and it was taking the process more time than normal to index it all.
Why not just let it run the index and then see if it settles down?

OP
D

DracoZaroff

Reaction score
So there was a problem but after clearing the data for android.process.media the problem is gone. Battery life is much improved and most things are working great now.

mattv111

Reaction score
I was running stock 4.0.4 and recently switched to Gummy, and on both android.process.media has been force closing a lot. It force closes every time I turn my phone on, and sometimes when I'm not doing anything on my phone. Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm not running any special kernels or anything it's the kernels that came with the roms.

captdroid

Reaction score
I was running stock 4.0.4 and recently switched to Gummy, and on both android.process.media has been force closing a lot. It force closes every time I turn my phone on, and sometimes when I'm not doing anything on my phone. Does anyone know why this is happening? I'm not running any special kernels or anything it's the kernels that came with the roms.

Try formatting cache and dalvik in CWMR. If that doesn't work then format cache, clear davlik, format system and try reloading your ROM. Still no joy erase everything and reload your ROM.

mattv111

Reaction score
Try formatting cache and dalvik in CWMR. If that doesn't work then format cache, clear davlik, format system and try reloading your ROM. Still no joy erase everything and reload your ROM.

I haven't tried completely reloading the from yet but I was on 4.0.4 and wiped data cache and davlik when flashing gummy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
I haven't tried completely reloading the from yet but I was on 4.0.4 and wiped data cache and davlik when flashing gummy

You should also format / wipe system when flashing to completely different ROM

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mattv111

Reaction score
You should also format / wipe system when flashing to completely different ROM

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I recently switched to another rom and wiped data cache dalvik and formatted system, and I'm still having this issue.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've seen this on a couple other roms... Try going into applications... "all" and clearing data for media... You won't lose anything...

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

mattv111

Reaction score
I've seen this on a couple other roms... Try going into applications... "all" and clearing data for media... You won't lose anything...

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

I don't see media. I see media storage

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't see media. I see media storage

Ya... That's the one