Android.process.media

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
If your downloaded firmware ends in a .zip file be sure to extract it once with the aforementioned program (winzip or 7zip). It must end up with the file extension .tar.md5.

Again, make sure that Kies is not running in the background. Odin and Kies do not play nice together.

OP
A

Athlone

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Tablet Tab2 5110
1. Extract or “unzip” the downloaded firmware. Use winzip, 7zip or any decompressing tool in your computer.
2. Reboot the Galaxy Tab2 into Download Mode
Turn it off, then press and hold down the “Power and Volume DOWN ” buttons at the same time. You will get a warning screen. Press the “Volume UP” to get into download mode. Don’t connect the tablet into the computer yet.
3. Extract and Run Odin flasher tool. Run this as administrator (Right click the Odin.exe and select Run as Administrator).
4. In Odin’s checkboxes options, DO NOT Check the “Re-Partition”, just leave “Auto-Reboot and F-Reset Time” marks.
5. In Odin, click the PDA and choose the downloaded file you extracted. It should end in a .tar.md5 format.
6. Plug the tablet to PC USB connection. In Odin, under ID:COM will highlight and shows the current com port of your Galaxy Tab 2connected to. If you don’t see this and Odin doesn’t responds, it means the device is not connected yet, just try another USB port or USB cable. Give it a few seconds. Sometimes plugging a Download Mode device into the PC initiates another round of driver installs.
7. Click the START button.
8. Wait until it’s finishes flashing. Once it’s done, the tablet will just reboot.

Source:Install P5100XXDNA1 Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 Android 4.2.2 Update - Android Firmware Update

Edited: for clarity

Thanks a mil Ollie,

I will try that but by looks of things by the time its downloaded it be tomorrow tho am working tonight it may well be tomorrow night before I can give this a go.

However thanks a mil to you both and I have some hope now that it can be sorted
I will let u know how things have been going but wont be until tomorrow night.

Best regards Athlone

OP
A

Athlone

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Tablet Tab2 5110
If your downloaded firmware ends in a .zip file be sure to extract it once with the aforementioned program (winzip or 7zip). It must end up with the file extension .tar.md5.

Again, make sure that Kies is not running in the background. Odin and Kies do not play nice together.

Ok I make sure of that :)

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Anytime. There are always very knowledgeable members here that will be able to assist you.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
And if you want to be sure you get the right file..yes you can reset and initialize your device thru kies...under the tools menu! It will download the correct files for you automatically!

OP
A

Athlone

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Tablet Tab2 5110
Hi Ollie and Leeshor,

The Wife gave me a big X for fixing her Tab 2

So I would like to just say thanks a mil to both was worth it ... lol
and for guiding me through the process
It worked like a treat ... of course I didn't tell herself that just "it was very complicated" llol

I can only recommend this solution at this point for anyone in trouble with the same issue and all else hasn't worked.

KaosMaster thank you for your reply and as mentioned its now working.

Thanks a mil again for all your help ... best regards Athlone

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
What exactly was it that ended up fixing it?

OP
A

Athlone

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Tablet Tab2 5110
What exactly was it that ended up fixing it?

Hi Ollie,

I downloaded the Odin software
used the link Leeshor provided Samsung Updates Latest Firmware - LIVE
to get the region dependent firmware
and then applied your description from page 1 on this thread

All done in about 30 min. max .... just had to wrestle with the free unzip programs a bit cuz I didn't wanted all their add ins n ons lol

Other than that it was very easy with your description.
One thing I did notice and that one I winged ... which was item 5 you described was to Tap PDA which in my version of the Odin didn't show but it showed BL instead and all else was as you described so I just pressed BL and after initiation in the Window of the program I pressed start and prayed lol

Athlone