Droid 4 (v4.1.2) Notification Issue

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Hi, I own a motorola droid 4, which is still on android version 4.1.2. **I'm unable to see if there are any OS updates for it because when I check it says I need a Motorola account and when I try to setup that account it fails to connect to the server or some B*S*. But that's beside the point.

My main issue is that anytime I connect the phone to my computer via USB to transfer files or whatever afterward all my notification sounds are screwed up. Often it shows a bizarre series of numbers instead of the sound title or it says no sound specified. Since the only two options for storing notification sounds is on the internal SD or external SD and both are unmounted whenever USB is connected, it seems the phone is no longer able to find those files after the storage is mounted again. Not sure if this has been fixed in newer versions of Android but until I upgrade my phone I'm stuck with this version.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone know of a fix for it? As a last resort, since my phone is rooted, I may just store the sounds in the system file where they won't be affected by unmounting the storage.