Android P on Wear OS for Huawei Watch 2

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Look like there will be a lot of power usage improvements for the Huawei Watch 2 with the developer preview. There are a lot of improvements to help with the conserving of power. Might be interesting to try if you dare and have the Huawei Watch 2 and the Watch 2 Classic. One biggie though, there is a bug when it comes to accepting incoming phone calls.

after officially rebranding Android Wear to Wear OS a few weeks ago, Google has released a developer preview for the Huawei Watch 2 that gives us an early look at some of the improvements Android P will bring to the platform.

Hands-on with Android P on Wear OS: This smartwatch doesn't need a charger

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's the Wear OS beta that we discussed a little in the Android Wear thread.

Android wear update

It's nice to see Google work on battery life improvements, but I'm not sure about the articles claim that "this watch doesn't need a charger". I doubt they can make these small batteries last that long.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
was wondering about no charger needed myself :)

as far as the other thread, knew I read a little about it somewheres but could not find it during a quick search. but, imo, this deserve its own thread.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've actually sideloaded apps to my watch (bluetooth over ADB - real adventure), but just too lazy to be bothered to do it any more.

One problem I've noticed (think I'm on 2.8something) is I can't get rid of that stupid connectivity icon on the watch face because, you know, wifi no longer auto connects.

And like I said in the other thread, I can't disable the battery power saving feature. You have to manually cancel it every time.

I suppose the power saving feature is nice, but once I discovered Watchmaker and always-on faces, I actually really like my watch now - sorry, but the black & white digital minimalist faces make it look like a cheap child's watch.

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
it is still in the testing phase so much of the annoyance may change as they get user input. In the end they will have to choose between convenience or battery life

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
it is still in the testing phase so much of the annoyance may change as they get user input. In the end they will have to choose between convenience or battery life

That's fine. Just allow us to permanently disable or override some of those settings.

Same garbage Google always goes through trying to dumb things down and deciding how people should use their devices. I already easily get over a day on my watch now - I don't need the inconvenience of these features to get more battery life.