Huawei Android Watch Passes Through the US FCC; Could be Coming Soon

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
huawei-watch1.jpg

The Moto 360 definitely made waves over the last year and a half as the definitive Android Smartwatch at the top of the heap. Its success and popularity can be attributed to its impressive aesthetic design. Not too long after, several Android Watch OEMs started abandoning their square watch face designs and switched to the round design pioneered by the Moto 360.

Despite the design shift, other than the LG Watch Urbane, nothing has really come close to matching the elegance and aesthetic appeal of the Moto 360... until now. For a few weeks we have seen tidbits about the Huawei Android watch, and even received an official glimpse of the device. Of any of the Android Wear watches available, it could be the most credible challenger to the Moto 360's popularity. The hot news of the day is that it just passed through its US FCC testing. This suggests it's not far from hitting actual retail shelves within a few months or weeks.

The fact that the watch also has a larger battery and WiFi capability further suggests it could have a competitive edge against the current Android Wear king, the Moto 360. What do you guys think of Huawei's chances of making a name for themselves in the fledgling smartwatch market?

Here's our dedicated Android Wear section: Android Watches Android Forum at DroidForums.net

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Those look pretty nice. I like the dark one.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know they're artists renditions but I like the small bezel. They can either make the screen with the small bezel a normal round smartwatch size or they can keep the same overall size as current round ones and use the lesser bezel to give more screen. I NEED more screen and whoever has the largest when I upgrade will get my money be it round or not.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I had to Google it. Can't stand not knowing anymore.
In case, like me, you didn't want to ask:

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They look nice. I'm also awaiting Tag's watch.