LG G Watch R Variant Could Be Most Expensive Android Wear Product

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g-watch-r-3.jpg

Even though LG's G Watch was obviously hit with a very cold reception when it first debuted, LG learns from the market and announced the G Watch R, which is modeled after the round-faced design of the Moto 360. LG recently revealed that the will come to South Korean retail channels on October 14th for 352,000 won (about $325 USD).

While this obviously makes the G Watch R the most expensive Android Wear smartwatch on the planet, it's still cheaper than the Apple Watch, and isn't that far off from the Moto 360. Can LG make a watch which will compete that well against the Moto 360? If the rumored 3G radio in the watch is true, then it might just be worth that price. What do you think?

Source: BGR

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I for one don't want to have a data/phone package for a watch.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I was under the assumption you don't need a separate data pkg with these watches. You simply pair it with your existing smartphone. Perhaps someone can verify?

tap'n on my S5

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was under the assumption you don't need a separate data pkg with these watches. You simply pair it with your existing smartphone. Perhaps someone can verify?

tap'n on my S5

Correct, watch connects through BT to your phone, uses phone data for anything required. If the watch had its own SIM you would need a data plan, but it does not.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
then why would it have a 3g ratio?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
then why would it have a 3g ratio?

Apologies, I didn't read the review fully. I missed the 3G rumor, I was referring to how the Moto 360 and other smart watches work now.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Apologies, I didn't read the review fully. I missed the 3G rumor, I was referring to how the Moto 360 and other smart watches work now.
No worries ;) we're all in the same boat.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The things that kill this watch for me is the useless bezel and 3G.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Took me 3 tries to get a Moto 360 without a dead/stuck pixel on the screen, hopefully one does not show up now. But so far, I am really liking this watch, it is still completely a nice to have rather than a need to have.

I like the fact I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket at dinner, or if I get up and walk around the office I can leave my phone at my desk. I like scanning my wrist to check out at Starbucks, no matter how nerdy or hipster I may feel doing it.

I love the fact my Apple loving CEO is jealous the Apple Watch is not round. Pretty sure this G watch would be a pass for me, even if I didn't have the 360.