Android OS for iPhone/iPod Touch ?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My sister has an iPod Touch. As much as I don't like Apple, it is a nice device.

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
well, you wouldnt be using a droid port, just porting over the Android OS, which supports multi-touch, so yes, multi-touch should work on it.

Im just ready to get rid of all apple software on my PC.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
well, you wouldnt be using a droid port, just porting over the Android OS, which supports multi-touch, so yes, multi-touch should work on it.

Im just ready to get rid of all apple software on my PC.

iTunes has been sitting idle for a year and a half on my PC... don't know why I haven't deleted it.

And now that it's all clear, it would be interesting to see the Android OS on an iPod touch... because it is a slick looking device.

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
that and i just want to see a commercial that goes something like...

tired of your iPhone? there's a hack for that.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
that and i just want to see a commercial that goes something like...

tired of your iPhone? there's a hack for that.

The legality of hacking would never allow a national advertisement to come about for this... but someone sure could make a viral video :)

also wanted to clear the air... i misjudged your intentions with an Android OS on an iTouch. You appear to have an equal, if not greater dislike of Apple then I do. Pleased to meet ya :icon_ lala:

Last edited:

FireDroid

Reaction score
I will say that I am finding out the capibilities of the droid every day here on this site! I have an Ipod touch that I used in my Ford Flex with sync, then last night I found how to import my itunes library to my droid with Itunes agent, then today I went out to add my phone to the sync in my car and realized that I can sync it using BT and play my library over BT and dont have to have any wires connected!! I love it, even as nice as my Ipod touch is, I keep finding new things my droid will do that will make me give up my touch to the wife!!! lol Now I am off to figure out how to transfer movies to the droid!!!:icon_ banana: