Sell My iPod Touch?

jnd121

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since Christmas and basically from that time, my iPod Touch 8GB (2G) has sat around collecting dust. I am pretty sure I am going to sell, but does anyone see any good reason I should keep it? I know there are some apps like Mint that only are on my iPod, but I can do without that. I also use doubleTwist to put all of my music on my Droid.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sell it! I don't use my zune anymore either...

tktouch12

Reaction score
i didnt use my ipod touch for about a month, but i've started using it again. i was going to sell it, but it has so many cool things to offer when jailbroken. i might sell it if i get an iphone this summer, but i'm still trying to decide if i should sell.

zz500

Reaction score
Last night I glanced over and noticed my ipod touch (16gb) was collecting dust lol. I might just give it to my gf. Poor ipod. My droid has made it obsolete even though i have tons of paid apps and games on the ipod (and stored and saved on my computer).

Sell it, or keep it as a collectors item. It might be worth something someday (not)

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i wish i could dump my classic- too much music though. If i could find a cheap 64gb micro sd i'd let it to.
does anyone know of any deals for 64gb for under $50?

sherylhs

Reaction score
Mostly, I let my 3 year old son play with mine. Yes, it's an expensive toy, but then I don't have to let him play with my Droid (not that he doesn't ask).

I also use my iTouch at work to listen to music... at least until they get that pesky "can't hear the caller after unplugging the headphone jack" thing fixed.

:p

~S

OP
jnd121

jnd121

Reaction score
I didn't even know you can jailbreak an iPod Touch. What are some of the advantages of doing this?

HeroNova

Reaction score
I just sold my iPod Touch. You won't regret it. The Droid works perfect for me and I don't have to carry around two devices.

HeroNova

Reaction score
I didn't even know you can jailbreak an iPod Touch. What are some of the advantages of doing this?

It allows you to download third party applications, themes, etc that were not approved by apple. Kind of like hacking your iPod, or rooting it like Android.

In my opinion not really worth unless you use your iPod very often.

Womp

Reaction score
Now that Droid has removed the need for my Blackberry and iPod Touch multi device needs, neither are worth keeping around anymore and hence the Touch collects dust unless my 2 1/2 year old wants to play with it. :)

He can already unlock it, scroll around and select what he wants all by himself which is actually very cool in retrospect at its ease of design usage.

I was planning to give it to my friend but my son loves it, and thank goodness for glass screens!

moot

Reaction score
I kept my ipod touch. Basically for audio and video podcasts only. I have about 6-7 gigs worth of podcast audio and video. Music, movies, etc all go to the droid. itunes has great podcast syncing features.

I also bring my ipod touch to the gym with me, I wouldn't dare bring my phone and have it drop like I do with my ipod touch. And plus, my battery for droid is drained after one day or so, therefore having podcasts on touch might be good in terms of saving my droid's battery.

Dankinia

Reaction score
I still use my touch to play music on while I am at work. I also have a car stereo that had an ipod attachment and my radio at home has an ipod dock and I can connect the ipod to a tv and watch movies. This comes in really handy when I travel to hotels that don't have a dvd player. My ipod does a lot for me and I do like it. I can't see getting rid of it anytime soon.

Now I do love my Droid, and maybe in the future I will rely on it more for music and the like, but for now I am fine with carrying the two devices. One that doesn't do anything but music/video and one that DOES everything else.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
My use definitely dropped but I use it as my main source of music in the vehicles and for the electric drums

Womp

Reaction score
I kept my ipod touch. Basically for audio and video podcasts only. I have about 6-7 gigs worth of podcast audio and video.

DoggCatcher has made these aspects of carrying the Touch around totally obsolete. :)