Android or Google support?

Jomaba4308

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to contact Google about a problem with Android 11?

My phone got the A·11 update and it broke compatibility with Chevy MyLink. Phone calls work but otherwise audio doesn't pass through the car speakers unless I restart my phone EVERY TIME I get in my car and connect my phone to the car.

Bluetooth is flawless with other devices. Only doesn't work as it should with Chevy MyLink in my car.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear about your Bluetooth issue. Unfortunately that is a very common issue after Android OS updates (at least it was on Moto phones for the 10 years I owned Moto phones). In many cases, the Bluetooth permissions and authentication protocols changed with the new OS and you have to setup the device / vehicle as if it were new, so the new permissions can take effect. You can report bugs at the link ggrant3876 provided. You can also ask for help at the Google community, at: Google Help

Don't expect to hear anything from a Google employee, they don't respond at the bug report site and rarely respond on the help forum. The help forum is full of fellow Android users and volunteer administrators (kind of like here). If you are a Google One paid subscriber you can use the direct chat feature to talk directly to a Google tech support rep. In any case the only thing you will probably hear is the standard troubleshooting for the issue you described:

* Open Phone Settings > go to Bluetooth (or Connected Devices) and forget / delete your vehicle
* In Phone Settings go to Apps (or Apps & Notifications depending on device) > All Apps > click the menu to select Show System Apps > find Bluetooth and tap Storage & Cache > the select Clear Storage and OK / Yes to any prompts. If you have an app named Bluetooth Share, repeat the steps and clear data for that also.
* Restart your phone.
* On your vehicle, find the option to Remove / Delete your phone from Bluetooth (or Connected Devices) Settings menu.
* When both are clear and have no record of ever being paired start the Bluetooth pairing process as new. Pay attention to permission requests on either screen, ensure you allow all permission requests or any other security type of prompts. In many cases we miss a prompt and the whole pairing process is no good.

Once they are paired again, hopefully the Bluetooth connection is stable again and works correctly. I had to do the above more times than I can count over the 10 years I owned Moto phones, and it fixed weird Bluetooth issues every time. Hope that helps.

OP
J

Jomaba4308

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Bluetooth issue. Unfortunately that is a very common issue after Android OS updates (at least it was on Moto phones for the 10 years I owned Moto phones). In many cases, the Bluetooth permissions and authentication protocols changed with the new OS and you have to setup the device / vehicle as if it were new, so the new permissions can take effect. You can report bugs at the link ggrant3876 provided. You can also ask for help at the Google community, at: Google Help

Don't expect to hear anything from a Google employee, they don't respond at the bug report site and rarely respond on the help forum. The help forum is full of fellow Android users and volunteer administrators (kind of like here). If you are a Google One paid subscriber you can use the direct chat feature to talk directly to a Google tech support rep. In any case the only thing you will probably hear is the standard troubleshooting for the issue you described:

* Open Phone Settings > go to Bluetooth (or Connected Devices) and forget / delete your vehicle
* In Phone Settings go to Apps (or Apps & Notifications depending on device) > All Apps > click the menu to select Show System Apps > find Bluetooth and tap Storage & Cache > the select Clear Storage and OK / Yes to any prompts. If you have an app named Bluetooth Share, repeat the steps and clear data for that also.
* Restart your phone.
* On your vehicle, find the option to Remove / Delete your phone from Bluetooth (or Connected Devices) Settings menu.
* When both are clear and have no record of ever being paired start the Bluetooth pairing process as new. Pay attention to permission requests on either screen, ensure you allow all permission requests or any other security type of prompts. In many cases we miss a prompt and the whole pairing process is no good.

Once they are paired again, hopefully the Bluetooth connection is stable again and works correctly. I had to do the above more times than I can count over the 10 years I owned Moto phones, and it fixed weird Bluetooth issues every time. Hope that helps.

I did what you suggested but no change.

The only permission request that shows is for contact sharing which is needed for the phone to work properly through the car.

I've already been to the Google support site but it's less than helpful. I don't see anything that's even remotely similar to my problem.

I was giving serious thought to canceling my satellite radio and using Pandora instead but I'm glad I haven't because it looks like I won't be able to use Pandora anytime soon.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you tried the Motorola support forum? They will tell you to do the same thing I recommended. And then a factory reset if that doesn't help. But maybe someone there has some other advice?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jomaba4308

Reaction score
Have you tried the Motorola support forum? They will tell you to do the same thing I recommended. And then a factory reset if that doesn't help. But maybe someone there has some other advice?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I've already contacted Motorola and they were no help. Yes they suggested factory reset but considering the phone was only a day old when the problem started that won't make a difference. Plus the problem started exactly right after Android 11 finished installing. I drove using Pandora and Google maps navigation no issues early afternoon. Android updated when I got back to my car to return home and audio through MyLink was not working anymore. I used other Bluetooth devices and had no trouble.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk