Android "newbee" looking for best way to sync Outlook 2007 with the Razr Maxx?

sjt777steve

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first foray into the Android "world" and I've already learned so much just from reading through some of the posts.

To honor Mr. JohnDroid's instruction to introduce myself... I bought my first "bag" phone for $1,200 in 1993 (remember those batteries?). My first "smart" phone was the Palm Pilot. Eventually moved to the Windows-based phone, and have remained a die hard Windows phone user until I finally saw the light and now I'm an Android newbee with a Razr Maxx.

One of the reasons I stayed with the Win phones for so long was because I rely heavily on Outlook (Contacts, Calendar AND Tasks AND Notes) in my work and I thought i had to change over to Google everything. However, I see that isn't necessarily so.

I've read alot of comments recently on the web about different software availabe to sync Outlook and the Razr "seamlessly" but I've also read alot of disaster stories, conflicting reports, as well as some posts that are quite old and I'm not sure how relevant they are (since software is continually being improved, updated, etc.).

So I'm hoping to learn from others who are currently (and successfully) using Outlook on their pc and syncing an Android phone.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi all,

This is my first foray into the Android "world" and I've already learned so much just from reading through some of the posts.

To honor Mr. JohnDroid's instruction to introduce myself... I bought my first "bag" phone for $1,200 in 1993 (remember those batteries?). My first "smart" phone was the Palm Pilot. Eventually moved to the Windows-based phone, and have remained a die hard Windows phone user until I finally saw the light and now I'm an Android newbee with a Razr Maxx.

One of the reasons I stayed with the Win phones for so long was because I rely heavily on Outlook (Contacts, Calendar AND Tasks AND Notes) in my work and I thought i had to change over to Google everything. However, I see that isn't necessarily so.

I've read alot of comments recently on the web about different software availabe to sync Outlook and the Razr "seamlessly" but I've also read alot of disaster stories, conflicting reports, as well as some posts that are quite old and I'm not sure how relevant they are (since software is continually being improved, updated, etc.).

So I'm hoping to learn from others who are currently (and successfully) using Outlook on their pc and syncing an Android phone.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

Google Outlook sync for the calendar. Otherwise, it's not yet an easy task.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here is a good link that shows most of the options... Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange

I think it depends on if you want to use a "google account" as a go between or you are wanting to avoid google all together... I use gSyncIt (it syncs my google account to outlook and back again) - it works great for me! Good luck!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here is a good link that shows most of the options... Sync Android/Droid with Outlook/Exchange

I think it depends on if you want to use a "google account" as a go between or you are wanting to avoid google all together... I use gSyncIt (it syncs my google account to outlook and back again) - it works great for me! Good luck!!

Wow! Nice resource! THANKS, STG!:hail:

JRParsons

Reaction score
I've used VC Organizer Pro for over a year and it has worked flawlessly. Syncs via wifi or bluetooth. (it supports syncing Outlook Tasks)

abestru

Reaction score
New Droid Razr Maxx sync with outlook

Hi to All
I am new to this forum, thanks all for your help..

after being for years with my BB, I got yesterday my Droid Razr Maxx, as much I thought this will be an easy migration, I see I need to take off a day from work on this.
I have over 4000 contacts in Outlook 2010 and over 100 appointments, and want to keep Outlook as my Office Organizer.

When I set up my Droid I got from Motorola the message to download Welcome Home from Markspace, so I did, but then in order to sync with my Outlook they "convinced me" to download and pay for the software "Missing sync", so before I start getting hooked with this software, I would like to know if there is a problem by using Google Sync from Outlook 2010 to Gmail and then Droid to Gmail?, why do we need to use those third party Apps or programs?

Abe

nikecar

Reaction score
abestru said:
Hi to All
I am new to this forum, thanks all for your help..

after being for years with my BB, I got yesterday my Droid Razr Maxx, as much I thought this will be an easy migration, I see I need to take off a day from work on this.
I have over 4000 contacts in Outlook 2010 and over 100 appointments, and want to keep Outlook as my Office Organizer.

When I set up my Droid I got from Motorola the message to download Welcome Home from Markspace, so I did, but then in order to sync with my Outlook they "convinced me" to download and pay for the software "Missing sync", so before I start getting hooked with this software, I would like to know if there is a problem by using Google Sync from Outlook 2010 to Gmail and then Droid to Gmail?, why do we need to use those third party Apps or programs?

Abe

Does your company have an exchange server? You can get the settings from your IT

nikecar

Reaction score
But where is your email pulling from, Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail?

I assume then you ahve it set up via POP3 mail right?

ramkot

Reaction score
Any luck finding an outlook sync?

Hi, NO I am using my own outlook

I have the same issue. I tried the following with no success:

- I tried to sign up for Google Apps for Business to use Google Sync. The Sync just worked on some of my contacts and never resynched.

- Also found an app with high reviews and downloads on Google Play called "MyPhoneExplorer". The PC part of "MyPhoneExplorer" put 5 different viruses and malware on my PC. I reported the incident to Google Play and the app is still up with high reviews.

Did you find any apps that worked for you?

dsprik

Reaction score
Still trying to find a sync program for Outlook... My Google Sync quit working the first week in January (although Google states that it will remain working - just not supported). Google has removed the download link as of 12/14/2012. Anyone have a fix/alternative for this?