Google Apps Premier Necessary For Outlook Sync?

jtdiddy

Reaction score
Anyone using Google Apps Premier? I've read some postings that the only to really sync up your outlook email with your gmail is to have a premier account ($50/yr).

I currently use a program called gsyncit to sync up my outlook calendar/contacts to my gmail account so i'm wondering for outlook syncing purposes, what's the advantages of using apps premier.

Inkog

Reaction score
The built-in corp sync is working fine for me. Email, calendar and contacts. Plus it keeps your phone/gmail contacts separate from exchange, but you can view together if you want. It isn't 100% perfect, but not bad at all.

stryguy

Reaction score
I tried google apps premier.. It's horrible.

Strike 1 - Your phone will only allow 1 account calendar to sync and that's the account you provisioned your phone with. But! You can't provision your phone with a non gmail.com account. So now you have to share your calendar through Google Apps Premier to your gmail account that you provisioned your phone with so that it can populate the calendar on your phone.

Strike 2 - Google App Sync will often (and I mean often) not sync the photograph added via your Android phone to Outlook. Sure the photograph will be on your phone and in the Google Premier web account but it won't show in outlook. Not a big deal right? Then you make some update in outlook to that contact and it sync back with no picture which leaves you with the case of mysteriously losing contact pictures.

Strike 3 - In Google Apps Premier you have to port all your email INTO their IMAP compatible Gmail type system. The only conversion routes you have that are provided by Google are an Imap conversion that skips emails larger then 25 megs but doesn't bother providing a list of those emails skipped or an import function built into Google Apps Sync that flat out doesn't work at all. You can import through Outlook by having 2 accounts mapped in outlook but it's a multiple day process for a simple 600 megabyte mailbox.

After jumping through all their hoops I found this conversion process so bad I just gave up.