Android needs 10 more things until they establish themselves as the best mobile OS.

hoing

Reaction score
android needs these 10 things for Android to over rule iOS as the number one os platform.
1. Android Marketplace gift cards
2. Desktop Client similar to iTunes
3. iPod touch-like android device, one that has Android but without text/call
4. Revamped Android market layout.
5. A music store besides Amafart Mpfail
6. Front Facing camera on all devices from now on. You may think this fails to be an important feature, but its one thing the iphone can do that droid cant.
7. Lockscreen functionality with widgets/music
8. music toggle with volup keys (can be done with root atm)
9. Smooth the opening for the launcher.
10. Smooth the bootup for the phone.

harrellj

Reaction score
2) Appbrain

7) A lot of the various music apps have lockscreen widgets or you can get widgetlocker (or the other lockscreen changing apps) and put your own widgets on there.

OP
H

hoing

Reaction score
2) Appbrain

7) A lot of the various music apps have lockscreen widgets or you can get widgetlocker (or the other lockscreen changing apps) and put your own widgets on there.
Im aware, but they all are very slow and buggy even on 1.2 ghz oc...

EgooEspada

Reaction score
android needs these 10 things for Android to over rule iOS as the number one os platform.
6. Front Facing camera on all devices from now on. You may think this fails to be an important feature, but its one thing the iphone can do that droid cant.

Agree. But:

1) Not sure how that would work, don't see that ever happening and not sure of the need.
2) Apparently coming in Gingerbread
3) Theres a few; Samsung just released one of their own
4) In Gingerbread (?)
5) In Gingerbread
6) More devices are coming out with FFC, and even more when Google adds their video chat client
7) Don't see that happening anytime soon, but theres apps for that
8) Defiantly needed
9 )Agreed
10) Agreed, but not so important to me

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The usage of a Front Facing Camera is only available over a wifi network with the iPhone and iTouch.

OP
H

hoing

Reaction score
Also note most consumers dont come onto forums to find out how to get the best out of their phone, and the slow and to them strange interface is a huge negative.

And i know once you root it is a lot quicker, but Android rooting is way more difficult then iphone rooting (usually just go on a website through iphone/itouch, does it 4 u)

zero7404

Reaction score

you're sounding too much like an apple fanboi ... since these virtues are important to you, you should jump on the iOS platform.

android OS is it's own and intended to be as such by it's designers ... as it is improved upon, people will either like it or not. in the end everyone has a choice they can make.

i prefer open-source over closed-source, this is why i have an android device ... not to be told by my phone's manufacturer or anyone i pay for service that i should not do one thing or another ...

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The usage of a Front Facing Camera is only available over a wifi network with the iPhone and iTouch.

Only partly true. Apple's FaceTime app only works over a wifi network. There are some third party apps that work over 3G. I have little use for this ability myself, but I can see how it could become popular. I'm sure quite a few upcoming Android phones will have the second camera.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Android absolutely blows away ios. It's not even a contest.

And this is coming from a guy who owned 3 iphones.

crspang

Reaction score
What is it with people's fascination with iTunes? It is bloated, slow and a PIA. Exactly how hard is it to drag and drop files to and from a phone?

Last edited:

Nods_Dad

Reaction score

you're sounding too much like an apple fanboi ... since these virtues are important to you, you should jump on the iOS platform.

android OS is it's own and intended to be as such by it's designers ... as it is improved upon, people will either like it or not. in the end everyone has a choice they can make.

i prefer open-source over closed-source, this is why i have an android device ... not to be told by my phone's manufacturer or anyone i pay for service that i should not do one thing or another ...

I have to agree.....Droid doesn't need to do what iPhone does....Droid has its own nitch in the market...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is it with people's fascination with iTunes? It is bloated, slow and a PIA. Exactly how hard is it to drag and drop files to and from a phone?

it's used by 200M+ people. i'm assuming its just a little popular and your hate for it is a very, very..very small minority.

EgooEspada

Reaction score

it's used by 200M+ people. i'm assuming its just a little popular and your hate for it is a very, very..very small minority.

I use iTunes occasionally. It is pretty bad. Since V10 though it performs a little better, but its pretty much bloatware. From your logic though, then people would consider At&t a great network. Buy it isn't - people are on At&t for iPhone just like people use iTunes for their iDevices.
Sent from my Droid