Android Market Crashes while installing any app.

Harlandroid

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm usually good at solving my own problems while flashing ROMs and and such, but this one has me stumped.
At first, I noticed that the Downloads section only had a couple of apps in it (after I flashed Cyanogenmod and Succulent Desire [this seemed fixed on SmokedGlass]) and I fixed that by uninstalling something in Settings.

Now, any app that I try to install FC's the Market app when it starts Installing.
I've deleted /data/app/com.android.vending and I've fixed permissions in ROM manager. Can anyone help?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll give you a bump here, because I'm not exactly sure, but are you saying that you uninstalled the vending.apk? If so, that's the market and you need that...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
bringing this thread back for my own issues. The market had an update and now rund off of data/app as com.android.vending.apk instead of the system/app as Vending.apk - so now when I theme Vending.apk it doesnt work.

Furthermore, i tried to theme both Vending.apk the the com.android.vnding.apk and ADB push it back and it showed no market was installed. Then I restored, and tried deleting the META folder in the com.android.vending.apk adn re-signing it, and it showed it was installed, looked perfect, but same problem as above, it FC on any download...

HELP!!!!

Reaction score
I was having this problem last week, go into settings, manage applications, filter, all, then market, clear cache, and if that doesnt work go back through all that and do uninstall update. If neither works I would restore a backup.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Step 1 - Go to Menu>Setting>Applications>Manage Applications , then scroll down and find the Market (do NOT turn filter on for all apps).. uninstall it.

Step 2 - Copy/Push a clean stock copy of Vending.apk to the system/app folder, be sure to verify 644 permissions and then reboot.

You should be OK to theme it normally with MM etc. after that and no longer have any problems.