Android lover by day - Musician by night.

Parkhum

Reaction score
Greetings to all.
My name is Stephen and I'm the guitarist of the Oregon, USA based death metal band Arkhum.
I am also a freelance recording/mixing/mastering engineer.

I have owned both the OG Droid and the DX, while using numerous other devices through friends and family.
I'm not very schooled in making themes or rooting many devices, but it's something I'm really wanting to learn.
I personally love customization in any aspect of life, so naturally I want my mobile device to be the same way.

If you have any questions about music/guitars/mixing or wants links to my bands PM me!
Check out my band Arkhum here
Thanks for reading!
SP

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Have you tried the app 'Solo' ?? If not, try the free version in the market, I think you will be impressed!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Greetings to all.
My name is Stephen and I'm the guitarist of the Oregon, USA based death metal band Arkhum.
I am also a freelance recording/mixing/mastering engineer.

I have owned both the OG Droid and the DX, while using numerous other devices through friends and family.
I'm not very schooled in making themes or rooting many devices, but it's something I'm really wanting to learn.
I personally love customization in any aspect of life, so naturally I want my mobile device to be the same way.

If you have any questions about music/guitars/mixing, PM me!
Check out my band Arkhum here
Thanks for reading!
SP

I'll definitely checkout your band. If you had to compare your music to another band, who would you choose?

random rom'd X

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You make three now that I'm aware of...Welcome! From one musician/songwriter/guitarist/keyboardist/drummer to another!! Android is very awesome man, and addictive..Always great to meet a fellow musician..I've been playing drums since I was thirteen. And the others came along the way self taught from other members in many different bands.. I'm 39 now and still going strong. My son is amazing, maybe I can send you a link some time to some vids..PEACE BROTHER! And see you around the forums! :)

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

OP
Parkhum

Parkhum

Reaction score
I'll definitely checkout your band. If you had to compare your music to another band, who would you choose?

Hmmmmm. I'd have to say Decrepit Birth, Behemoth and Devourment.
If you don't know those bands, check 'em out!

OP
Parkhum

Parkhum

Reaction score
You make three now that I'm aware of...Welcome! From one musician/songwriter/guitarist/keyboardist/drummer to another!! Android is very awesome man, and addictive..Always great to meet a fellow musician..I've been playing drums since I was thirteen. And the others came along the way self taught from other members in many different bands.. I'm 39 now and still going strong. My son is amazing, maybe I can send you a link some time to some vids..PEACE BROTHER! And see you around the forums! :)

Fantastic! I'd love to see those videos.
I can send some as well. I recently did a guitar video for the website No Clean Singing, and that got a great response.
Android offers the speeds I need when on the road or planning studio time/video shoots. It also helps me in my own personal business. I own/run a studio called The Wilderness.

Thanks!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Fantastic! I'd love to see those videos.
I can send some as well. I recently did a guitar video for the website No Clean Singing, and that got a great response.
Android offers the speeds I need when on the road or planning studio time/video shoots. It also helps me in my own personal business. I own/run a studio called The Wilderness.

Thanks!

Ok dude..you seem to have something that grabs my attention however my son is really freakin out over your music..He and I Love dream theater kind of style and also Pink Floyd..I grew up with Iron Maiden Number of the beast and all that not their silly new crap..I am heavy into Rush, and dream theater lately I guess because of its depth of talents especially Neal Peart and Mike Portnoy..really my style I play...the only way I can describe my drumming techniques...lol My son is going to make a video of him playing...We have had many, many offers from some well established bands..But he's only 17...I just think that although he is Malmstien Material, I want him to be happy..I am very protective of him because I don't want him taking the fast roads I took. Anyway, when he saw your vid, he told me to give you a thumbs up and he would love to communicate...So let me know something, through here and or pm me...so I can give you a number and email......thanks brother..And yes, your very interesting..We are or I should say, when I start back up again, I am going for a new sound ...never heard by too many ears, will take some work, but its my dream...hope you get this bro! Peace and Happy ROMing and definately Jamming!! Lol

OP
Parkhum

Parkhum

Reaction score
Thanks! That's definitely great to hear!
I'm more than interested in hearing his skills. I love getting mad over the fact that someone younger than me is better. Ha! It's actually an awesome kind of mad.

But thanks again!
I'll PM you my email.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That's definitely great to hear!
I'm more than interested in hearing his skills. I love getting mad over the fact that someone younger than me is better. Ha! It's actually an awesome kind of mad.

But thanks again!
I'll PM you my email.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Well, I don't ever say better....he's definately better than me on guitar..lol but a musician is a musician and the only thing we do better is when we get together and create euphoric sound...peace! Ill check my pm..He just went to the studio, but I will get with him when he's back...thanks bro!!