Android issues

kelley350x

Reaction score
I would like to set an image as my background but it splits the image onto the two screens, very annoying. Does anyone know how to set the picture to stay in place for both screens?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to set an image as my background but it splits the image onto the two screens, very annoying. Does anyone know how to set the picture to stay in place for both screens?

From what I understand, that's not an option. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Droid will always split the picture up between the 3 home screens.

kelley350x

Reaction score
it would be nice if i could figure out what size it made each 1/3rd and i could make a photo on photoshop that had there slides of the same pic... or different ones..

kelley350x

Reaction score
also, my camera is acting silly...
somethimes when i try to open the camera app it says you must insert a sd card, then other times it opens fine then if i ake a pic it will lock up and and reboot by its self...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
also, my camera is acting silly...
somethimes when i try to open the camera app it says you must insert a sd card, then other times it opens fine then if i ake a pic it will lock up and and reboot by its self...

I'd try a factory reset and if it is still acting up, I would exchange it for a new one today.

Stigy

Reaction score
it would be nice if i could figure out what size it made each 1/3rd and i could make a photo on photoshop that had there slides of the same pic... or different ones..

The right and left most screens hold the entire image and the middle is the overlap.

Your idea is good, but wouldn't work as its not split 3 ways, but only 2 ways across three screens.

kelley350x

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, i am reading on some other sites as well and it seems like this is something thats not liked by alot of people..

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah you cannot as of right now rotate the home screen without pulling the keyboard out. I am searching through the options to see if there is something that will let you but so far it's a no go. (Every other app though rotates just fine)

Stigy

Reaction score
Yeah you cannot as of right now rotate the home screen without pulling the keyboard out. I am searching through the options to see if there is something that will let you but so far it's a no go. (Every other app though rotates just fine)

Its a very simple fix AFAIK when the phone is rooted though ;)

:icon_ lala:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i'm not saying it would be an issue with a rooted phone, merely saying as of right now, and for those not going to root their phones, that this is a small problem, if you want to call it that. I don't mind since on the home screen I really don't need it rotated anyways.

Stigy

Reaction score
Rooting is the equivalent of jailbreaking on the iPhone, correct...

Trip

Reaction score
Couple of issues, the home screen not rotating thing...would be nice in the car mount, and the phone screen doesnt rotate either, again that would be nice in the car mount since the bluetooth connection to my Chrysler MyGig Uconnect handsfree option does work and I can make calls by voice, but sometimes have to hit the dialpad for passwords etc in voicemail (not a big thing, its just sidways, not like I cant figure out where the numbers are).

I do have the camera problem, I switched phones once already at Verizon, on this phone I couldn't hear the clicking when I started the camera at verizon (it was very busy and loud there) so I said I'd give it a try since the not focusing thing is supposed to be software and a patch is in the works, but after getting it home to a quieter environment it does click 4-6 times when starting the camera, so I will probably have to take it back AGAIN and get another one.

Also, the screen timeout is a one setting thing, it doesnt change when I have it in my media dock, so the thing goes dark after a minute when plugged into the media dock, not sure why, I do have it connected to my computer via USB, and its charging, not sure why its going dark, it does not go dark when connected to the car charger...hmmm.

Those are the only things so far...nothing major (other than the camera thing).

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure that the clicking that some people are hearing is the clicking that they were mentioning being an issue. I mean mine makes a noise when i get the camera on, but it doesn't so much resemble a clicking. When looking at mine as it starts up, it looks like it goes through a small statup routine, zooming in and out 2-3 times before it fully initializes. Camera works like a charm other then that, and thats nothing to me so.