Android is losing

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wug, you're being VERY disingenuous about Mac users. To classify them as all "computer noobs" and technically inept could not be any farther off base if you tried. In fact, many of THE most technically capable people I know are partial to Mac. By far. You're letting your blind hatred of Apple taint your vision.

But I digress. This is bordering on branching into a pissing contest and I would really like for it to come back on track now. And I will say this, I HIGHLY recommend the comments and implications about the intelligence of Apple users stop now. I am quite serious about that.

And yes, I use Apple, and Windows, and Android.

Ok, sorry that's fair. Like I said... I have friends with macs that are very skilled. But you cannot argue that more Grandmas own macs vs. own pc's, that speaks for itself. And they are specifically targeted towards the less technically inclined user... that is the truth. Straight up.

Making statements regarding weather or not there user base is actually smart or not... is another story. I am not suggesting that all mac users are dumb, but I am suggesting that Apple actively seeks out noobs in a matter that no other computer does, and because of this, I believe that there marketing strategy has been effective and they have relatively more newbs than any other computer company in existence. Thats all. They might have comparably the same amount of smart people... but overall, they undeniably have tapped into the noob market in a fashion that no other company has ever even come close to doing. More power to them... newb = more money. More money for tech support, easily convinced to upgrade and buy software, basically the ideal customer in their book. But for people like me who gets called all the time to fix peoples computers... my frustration with the average mac user just gets worse everyday.

Sorry again... and to be clear.. I am sure that there are some bright people out there who own macs... I never said there weren't. If you are smart and own a mac... then you should be offended by me calling the majority of mac users noobs... because you aren't a noob... so who cares what I say? That's my stance on this. I don't mean to derail this conversation or cause a disagreement over something this trivial, but I can't pretend like there aren't more noobs on the mac platform. That is just FACT and if you don't think so then you are in denial.

Back to my original statement. How many grandma's do you know who own a PC? There is a reason for this... it's because companies specifically target their customer base. I am working towards my MBA right now... I have taken a lot of marketing classes. I don't think that its some weird trend that Mac gets more noob users... it happens because they want it to. It is a specific tactic on their part. They have been actively seeking these customers from the very beginning. Mac is ALL ABOUT catering to noobs, that is their entire business platform in a nutshell... sorry I should add to that. There business platform is more like this:

We aim on bringing innovative technology to the masses by simplifying everything so that anyone can enjoy it.

^^ If you think there is a problem with this statement then you are silly. I think that this is a very good goal. But I don't need to be catered to in this fashion. I don't care for their approach and I don't want to be apart of their whole scheme. I am not saying that it is bad, or makes people less smart. Buy whatever computer you want... I don't care. But if you buy macs... please don't try and pretend like there aren't more noobs in your community than others... PLEASE!!!! Because you know for sure that is completely false. It is, and you know it to be true. People who try and argue the opposite are just being naive to the fact that apple actively seeks out their customer base. Don't take my comments as an offense against your decision to use a mac... just ignore it if its not relevant to you. What difference does it make if I call Mac noobs, mac noobs? They are....? If you called some people PC noobs.... I wouldn't care... or get upset or offended. Whats the big deal..? Seriously?

{{ WugFresh }}

Wug ill just answer your posts here. When I said android fanboys are arrogant and obnoxious I was speaking in general. However after reading a couple of your posts, yes, you are included in that (and I would think that you know by now I have no issue speaking to people directly if I have an issue with them). You're passing off pure opinion and conjecture as fact and yes that's obnoxious and arrogant. Ill say it again, you and any other android user are not smarter than the average iphone user. To put it bluntly, get over yourself.

More grandmas own pcs? More noobs own macs? Where are you getting these ridiculous and baseless "facts"? Its honestly hilarious (and a little sad) that you think there are more noobs or morons in the mac community then android. Again, no base, pure opinion and pure foolish.

Great you are working toward an mba. Guess what? I have a bachelors in biology and a masters in infosec. And the last thing I would say is I'm smarter then an entire group of people because of my phone choice. Or the choice that I made means I'm in the smarter group. Yes, what your saying is arrogant, extremely obnoxious and honestly its making you look ignorant.

You and I have had some good debates and I've told you countless times I think your a smart mature guy. You're definitely smart, the mature part I'm beginning to rethink after your rants. Trust me, there are tons of ppl in the apple community who are far smarter then you or I. And vice versa. Don't say things that make no sense and just make you look like a silly fanboy.

I don't know where or why the foolish rumor started that android users all do this extensive research and are more in the know then any smartphone user. In a word that belief is dumb.

Oh and in case you think I was throwing subliminals here it is again: your statements are extremely obnoxious and arrogant and you look like the uneducated fanboys that you seem to think apple users are.

I'm not going to argue with you about this, bc there is no point. I've had plenty of arguments with fanboys on this forum and have no interest in starting a pissing contest with you. Just as a reminder though, wug, you are not any smarter then the avg apple user, as much as you want to pat yourself on the back and think you are. JMO.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

First off... Wow. You seem very intent on making a grand statement about me. Umm... ok, sorry you find me so obnoxious. I would say the same about you until you recently changed your posting habits. You have honestly fit the description of that word more than anyone I have ever dealt with on a forum.... but then you stopped completely. Are you mad that I called you out on the way you posted...? I am assuming that is where your frustration must be coming from... because its rather immense if its just stemming from some apple talk. I am sorry if I made you angry. Or if you think I am arrogant because of it. I am also sorry that you interpret my biased comments as me being arrogant.

I will agree with you about one thing though... when it comes to the mac talk... I have a tendency to be extra biased... and if you read back though this thread.. I think you will see that I clearly stated that. But right now, I think you are now jumping on me in a very over the top and extremely offensive way. You would think I screwed your girlfriend or something... You really should relax sir.

Sorry that you find me so offensive and apparently ignorant too.

Well... to be clear... I never stated that I was smarter than all apple people, nor was I smarter because I own an android. I said that I think that apple has more noobs.. based on my opinion and experience... you can say that is false... sure, it probably is.

And to be clear again, I referenced the fact that I was studying towards an MBA purely to justify that I had some marketing background for my reasoning... but I guess that could be interpreted as arrogant... so sorry about that one.

Like I said... my apple remarks are usually biased.. and I make fun of them a lot. But many people on this forum and others can see through that and are well aware that I am just picking fun and know that I actually respect their products and software. I think the OP is aware of that as well. So whatever arrogant or obnoxious comments you think that I have made... I guess I am sorry... but I don't understand why you have decided to turn this into a personal battle.. or to decide that now is the time you want to tell me I am obnoxious...?

Either way... cool stuff on the biology. I am working towards a degree in Biomedical Materials Engineering. I really find biology quite interesting, I am sure you learned a lot masters level. What are you doing with a bio masters spending time yelling at me on a droid forum? lol?

Edit: I realized you said you had a bachelors in biology & a master in infosec. Whats infosec?

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:
Reaction score
which droid is better

I've used both the Droid 2 Global and the Droid X, and I'm currently sticking with the Droid X cause in my opinion its the best out of the current Droid line up. Second being the original Droid. But that's not gonna be for long cause the Droid X-2 is about to come out, and its gonna be sic, it will be sporting Nvidia's new "Tegra 2" dual-core CPU which runs @ 1.2Ghz per core. And that's just the tip of the iceberg on the awesome and improved features it will have. But the Motorola Targa (most likely to be named the Droid Bionic, since its replacing what woulda been the Droid Bionic, which was known by moto as the Etna) is gonna be amazing and it will blow the Droid X-2 outta the water. It most likely will be the next phone I get. Unless the new "Tegra 3" Triple-Core CPU from Nvidia, which is supposed to be announced this summer, comes out in a phone by the time I'm ready to upgrade. Both this chips make my mouth water. I wish AMD would hop into the Smartphone CPU market, and make something based on their Phenom II architecture. I build custom PCs, & my current rig is based around the AMD Phenom II Black Edition Quad-Core CPU, which runs @ 3.2Ghz per core. Its an amazing CPU. But anyways, I gotta stop ranting about how much those Tegra 2 & 3 chips make me drool. So like I said, the Droid X is the current best phone in the Droid line-up in my opinion. So there you have it.

Edit - I would like to add, that if you are asking which one people think is the best, cause you are looking to buy one, make sure you take what everyone says for what it is, just their opinion, try them out at the store or if you have any friends/family that have one of them, play with theirs for awhile and make your own opinion, cause in the end your the one that is gonna be using it. I made the mistake of letting someone talk me out of going with the Droid X in the first place and trying the Droid 2 Global instead, and even tho it was a nice a phone, I just wasn't happy, but when I got my Droid X, I am so content and happy with it. I barely put the thing down, except when I'm at work or my GF *****es at me and tells me to put the phone down lol so yea just make sure you make your own choice and don't let other peoples opinions persuade you too much. Cause you may end up like almost did and stuck with a phone you regret picking.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1

Last edited:

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
See, I have no problem with opinions. What I do have a problem with is hugely condescending opinions based on personal preference and bias. You are showing that here, hands down.

I am sorry.. and I will admit to this. Clearly I pissed off czerdrill too with my mac comments. My fault. I was just stereotypical mac comments... admit-ably so... and you had right to call me out. Like I said... I will stop with those.. we can back to more feature oriented discussions. Sorry if you felt like I was derailing the thread.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
which droid is better

I've used both the Droid 2 Global and the Droid X, and I'm currently sticking with the Droid X cause in my opinion its the best out of the current Droid line up. Second being the original Droid. But that's not gonna be for long cause the Droid X-2 is about to come out, and its gonna be sic, it will be sporting Nvidia's new "Tegra 2" dual-core CPU which runs @ 1.2Ghz per core. And that's just the tip of the iceberg on the awesome and improved features it will have. But the Motorola Targa (most likely to be named the Droid Bionic, since its replacing what woulda been the Droid Bionic, which was known by moto as the Etna) is gonna be amazing and it will blow the Droid X-2 outta the water. It most likely will be the next phone I get. Unless the new "Tegra 3" Triple-Core CPU from Nvidia, which is supposed to be announced this summer, comes out in a phone by the time I'm ready to upgrade. Both this chips make my mouth water. I wish AMD would hop into the Smartphone CPU market, and make something based on their Phenom II architecture. I build custom PCs, & my current rig is based around the AMD Phenom II Black Edition Quad-Core CPU, which runs @ 3.2Ghz per core. Its an amazing CPU. But anyways, I gotta stop ranting about how much those Tegra 2 & 3 chips make me drool. So like I said, the Droid X is the current best phone in the Droid line-up in my opinion. So there you have it.

Nice response... but I am pretty sure that is an ad bot... lol

{{ WugFresh }}

Reaction score
which droid is better

{{ WugFresh }}

Seriously lol friggin lame. I even just added this whole thing to the end about not letting other people persuade you to go with something you're not sure you want. And to take peoples opinions for just what they are, opinions. Lol I feel friggin stupid. Oh well

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

{{ WugFresh }}

Seriously lol friggin lame. I even just added this whole thing to the end about not letting other people persuade you to go with something you're not sure you want. And to take peoples opinions for just what they are, opinions. Lol I feel friggin stupid. Oh well

Don't worry... I once wrote like a full page response to an ad bot.. lol. It was a thread with a really personal topic... like a pregnant woman talking about how she didn't know how to be excited about having a kid anymore because two of her relatives were as well and she felt out of the spot lite or something. I wrote this huge heartfelt response... only for a mod to come in and be like... yo.... lol.... thats an ad bot.

hahaha. whoops..

{{ WugFresh }}

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off... Wow. You seem very intent on making a grand statement about me. Umm... ok, sorry you find me so obnoxious. I would say the same about you until you recently changed your posting habits. You have honestly fit the description of that word more than anyone I have ever dealt with on a forum.... but then you stopped completely. Are you mad that I called you out on the way you posted...? I am assuming that is where your frustration must be coming from... because its rather immense if its just stemming from some apple talk. I am sorry if I made you angry. Or if you think I am arrogant because of it. I am also sorry that you interpret my biased comments as me being arrogant.

I will agree with you about one thing though... when it comes to the mac talk... I have a tendency to be extra biased... and if you read back though this thread.. I think you will see that I clearly stated that. But right now, I think you are now jumping on me in a very over the top and extremely offensive way. You would think I screwed your girlfriend or something... You really should relax sir.

Sorry that you find me so offensive and apparently ignorant too.

Well... to be clear... I never stated that I was smarter than all apple people, nor was I smarter because I own an android. I said that I think that apple has more noobs.. based on my opinion and experience... you can say that is false... sure, it probably is.

And to be clear again, I referenced the fact that I was studying towards an MBA purely to justify that I had some marketing background for my reasoning... but I guess that could be interpreted as arrogant... so sorry about that one.

Like I said... my apple remarks are usually biased.. and I make fun of them a lot. But many people on this forum and others can see through that and are well aware that I am just picking fun and know that I actually respect their products and software. I think the OP is aware of that as well. So whatever arrogant or obnoxious comments you think that I have made... I guess I am sorry... but I don't understand why you have decided to turn this into a personal battle.. or to decide that now is the time you want to tell me I am obnoxious...?

Either way... cool stuff on the biology. I am working towards a degree in Biomedical Materials Engineering. I really find biology quite interesting, I am sure you learned a lot masters level. What are you doing with a bio masters spending time yelling at me on a droid forum? lol?

Edit: I realized you said you had a bachelors in biology & a master in infosec. Whats infosec?

{{ WugFresh }}

Let's get something out of the way before I respond to this rambling. I haven't changed the way I posted at all. If someone says something stupid (like you did multiple times in this thread), I'm going to tell you about it. I've gotten banned like 3 times from this forum, and it was because of the way I posted, and I'm sure every moderator who banned me has no problem telling me that, and I have no problem accepting that. Please don't get the misconception that I've suddenly become some "nice guy". I just respond in kind to how people talk to me. There's been instances where I've handled it wrong, and I've gotten banned for it, and that's that. If you think I suddenly changed the way I post, it's because it became pretty evident to me that the only criticism you would take for your "plan" would be positive criticism and not anything I had to say. Like I said in that thread, your plan is good, but it's not going to work. You couldn't handle that, and so my posts detailing why its not going to work, were immediately labeled as obnoxious in your head. I consider them realistic, but hey everyone has their opinions. You're not a child, you should be able to handle some criticism (or a reality check). Now to address your silly remarks:

"Are you mad that I called you out on the way you posted?" -- Wug, i'm not the little high schooler, or the college kid that you know, that would read something like that and be like "Oh no, he thinks I'm actually mad about this...better act cool and act like I don't let some crap on an online forum affect me!". The truth is yeah...if you're going to imply that I have a problem talking to you directly about how I feel, then I'm going to tell you how I feel. For one, there's no reason for me not to talk to you directly if I have an issue, and two...you're not some scary dude, who I'm afraid of addressing directly. If I wanted to address you directly, I would, and did, and will continue to.

Save the lame (your word, not mine) "apologies". Again, when I said you're immature, I meant it, and you're proving it with the sarcastic "I'm sorry"'s. I don't need your half-hearted apologies, and I'm sure no other user who you offended with your obnoxious "Apple users are noobs" garbage need it either.

No one's jumping on you in an over the top fashion. You were called out for a biased, frankly idiotic, post about a whole group of users. If you're going to make silly and arrogant statements, someone's gonna respond to it. Oh wait, lemme try something..."You mad about being called out??" (See it sounds stupid when I say it too...)

And yes, what you're saying is false. Like I said before, get over yourself. The 20 people you know who have android phones (please don't jump on me about the number 20...it's just a number used to illustrate an example) don't indicate the majority. If you honestly think that android users are inherently smarter then ios, or rim or any other users, it just makes me realize i've been debating with a fanboy all this time. If it's all a "joke" as you say (how convenient that now it's all a joke), then that's fine. Try to make it a little more obvious next time, though.

And yes, you derailed the thread with your ramblings. Don't go into a thread, insult everyone who talks about Apple, and then when you get called out by mods and other posters say "oh come on guys it was just a joke! You mad, huh??" That's lame as all hell, seriously.

As for infosec, you're a smart guy, do a quick google search.

And what are you doing pursuing an MBA, calling Apple users noobs on a droid forum?? lol?

you can respond if you want, and i'll probably respond back and we'll derail the thread further. there's honestly no need to though, you already "apologized" for your dumb remarks, so we can end it there if you want. if you want to keep talking you can take it to PM, like you recommended I do in another thread. But yeah, I have no qualms about calling you obnoxious or arrogant or immature, because you have been, at least in this thread.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
OK, hopefully everyone has this out of their systems now and we can move back to the discussion at hand. Time to put it to rest. People can go after each other individually via PM now, please. And Wug, sounds like we're on the same page now and we'll be done with the generic Apple bashing, I assume. ;)

So let's move on, it's Friday, I'm working my butt off and have a headache. Give me some good stuff to read again, that is, non flaming. :D

Thanks y'all.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, hopefully everyone has this out of their systems now and we can move back to the discussion at hand. Time to put it to rest. People can go after each other individually via PM now, please. And Wug, sounds like we're on the same page now and we'll be done with the generic Apple bashing, I assume. ;)

So let's move on, it's Friday, I'm working my butt off and have a headache. Give me some good stuff to read again, that is, non flaming. :D

Thanks y'all.

Agreed. You can state your opinions without flaming.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still impressed with Windows Phone 7.

:tongue:

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First day of spring break! :) haha Fridays are awesome.

But something I've noticed is android gets almost every feature from iOS, at first I thought apple was out of line for suing companies with android phones... But the user interactions with the os is shockingly similar .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kptphalkon

Reaction score
How different could they possibly get? Lol...Just look at the lawsuit that Mattel lost to Bratz, sueing over copyright infringement of Barbie. Anything in the same genre is going to be similar. I believe the judges words were on the line of competition is what drives the industry...

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your right, I'm just saying android had a place to start with a mobile os they just had to pickup a iPod touch and that gave them ideas, where as apple had to completely start from nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
How different could they possibly get? Lol...Just look at the lawsuit that Mattel lost to Bratz, sueing over copyright infringement of Barbie. Anything in the same genre is going to be similar. I believe the judges words were on the line of competition is what drives the industry...

That's actually very true. And it's a very strong tactic by all tech companies (and others). There are employees that basically think up every innovation that can be used with a device and patent the pieces as quickly as possible. It's not necessarily to be able to get money from other companies in the future as much as lock down and take credit for the innovations. It's a rough tactic, but its the nature of business.