Android in the News - Week in Review 12-5-14

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It's another episode of Android in the News - Week in Review here at DroidForums. We covered some of the hottest topics in the forums again, and this week they were all over the place! We had topics ranging from the new YotaPhone2 to the new Star Wars teaser.

Here are the four topics we covered this week:
Thanks for watching and be sure to add your perspective to these and all of the great discussions going on around the forum!

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Glad I made you laugh at the end! It's what I do...aside from coming up with wacky fixes and nicknames.

EDIT: BTW...I don't know if this was mentioned before, but what if you guys did like an 'Around the Forums' segment? Like pick the best topics or find a tech support thread and have a discussion about it on the show. I know the news threads are usually the 'most popular' topics to discuss and it gets it all in one place, but I'm more concerned with troubleshooting that could be brought to light. Just a thought and providing some feedback.

EDIT2: Ok. I promise to stop after this one. Also, what about introducing new members! Just give a quick shout out and a nice post of their introduction thread. Again, just a thought and if it was mentioned before you can shame me for all eternity.

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
@thunderbolt_nick Your first idea is a great one. We will see how feasible it is for us to include something like this in the future.

Although I like your second idea, sometimes when people first join a forum, they might not want to have attention drawn to them. Most won't mind, but occasionally we might end up scaring off someone who prefers to lurk, or is more private.

Thanks for thinking outside the box! Great ideas!

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Nice job..