Android 2.2 SDK Available

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my Stupidity lol, but where can I download this?

If you're truly looking for the Software Development Kit (SDK), it's available on one of the Google sites. If you're looking for 2.2, it's not yet available.

I am thinking that the OP was referring to where to download the APP that allows you to lock individual APPS that you made reference to when you asked why they would want that in the 2.2 update when it is available in an APP.

Apologies. If that was the topic of the question, the answer is either "Protector" or "App Protector." Each provides roughly the same functionality, i.e. enabling the user to set a password for access to any app on the phone. Both apps have both "free" or "trial" versions and paid versions.

The two apps appear to be the products of a fallout among a common set of developers, so choose your poison. I haven't checked in awhile, but at one point, I believe one app enabled unlocking only once until the phone was power cycled and the other required a password each time an app was used.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Anyone know more about this?
* Support for Bluetooth enabled car and desk docks
* Improved compatibility matrix with car kits and headsets
I have an Infiniti G35 and the compatibility isn't incredible.
The droid is able to pair and make/receive calls. But I'm not able to understand the other line. There's a workaround that allows me to hit Use Handset and then go back to using the car's Bluetooth that clears this issue. But this has to be done on every call.

So I wonder if 2.2 fixes this...

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Please keep in mind that there will probably be broken crap on the Droid when we start building 2.2 roms....

Until Motorola releases their source branch, all we have to work with will be whats provided to the N1. So expect keyboard and backlight problems again with the initial source built rom releases.

Just a warning.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
If they would just include an option to chane the notification bar color! Also tether for some devices? What is verizon going to think of that? Being able to do this will probably lead to a paid tether plan. That is if the droid or any other verizon android phone gets this.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Also the V8 javascript engine has been know to cause some apps to not work.

Sorry for double post wouldn't let me edit.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Also the V8 javascript engine has been know to cause some apps to not work.

Sorry for double post wouldn't let me edit.

You can't compare a beta version of the V8 engine to whats in Froyo.

dbz443

Reaction score
will 2.2 be installable through rom manager from 2.1? Generally speaking...
Im sure it will be if and when someone makes a rom with it as a base.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dbz443

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to have to unroot soon
why would you have to unroot soon? Im almost 100% sure we will get 2.2 roms well before google releases the official 2.2 . thats what happened with 2.1, and if history is any guide this will most definatley work the same way

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Hey mod's, shouldn't this thread be rolled into the when are gonna get Flash thread? Oh, wait a minute.........:)

Craig

motodroiduser

Reaction score
No flash in 2.2?

I downloaded the 2.2 SDK Development kit and am playing around with 2.2 on my computer. When I go to Best Online Videos | Wimp.com, it tells me it needs flash. What's the deal?

noflash.jpg