Android 2.2 SDK Available

Vitticeps

Reaction score
We just got 2.1 a few weeks ago. I'm not holding my breath on 2.2 for the Droid until mid to late summer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We just got 2.1 a few weeks ago. I'm not holding my breath on 2.2 for the Droid until mid to late summer.

Apples and oranges. First there wasn't the fanfare over that update like there is for this one. Second we did receive the update from 2.0 to 2.0.1 in a very timely manner.

Don't base what you've seen with just one update to be the pattern for them all. That same reasoning was exactly why those of us who did get 2.0.1 were so surprised when it didn't happen when we thought it would.

Phxphenom

Reaction score
Stupid Question here....For those of us that have rooted our phones, will there be any impact?

tktouch12

Reaction score
all the features look really great, the only ONLY other thing i really want is a factory way to lock individual apps with a code or pattern.

tktouch12

Reaction score
Stupid Question here....For those of us that have rooted our phones, will there be any impact?

not really. new roms based of this will come out, so you can just flash to one of those. you wont get the update if you're on a rom, so you'll be fine

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I'm hoping for 5 home screens and the 3d launcher :D. I heard that it wasn't included with the droid in the first place because of the keyboard. Since the lg ally is a slider and it has the 3d launcher, the droid should have it too imo.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
all the features look really great, the only ONLY other thing i really want is a factory way to lock individual apps with a code or pattern.

Just curious. Is there some reason you don't want to use an app already available for this functionality and insist on a "factory way" to do so?

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Quoted for the word truthery

All the cook kids say it. :happy:

Quoted for all the "cook kids" :icon_ devil:

rgs-suicide.gif

Technoman

Reaction score
Sorry for my Stupidity lol, but where can I download this?

If you're truly looking for the Software Development Kit (SDK), it's available on one of the Google sites. If you're looking for 2.2, it's not yet available.

I am thinking that the OP was referring to where to download the APP that allows you to lock individual APPS that you made reference to when you asked why they would want that in the 2.2 update when it is available in an APP.

nateccnn

Reaction score
yubut...I already have 5 home screens and dedicated shortcuts to phone, internet, contacts, market and wifi hotspot and...oh never mind. It will be nice for non-rooters. LOL

Nate