Android 2.2 Calendar

LittleStampGirl

Reaction score
That would work just fine.
If using adb you can replace the installed Calendar. It is installed under /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk

using BB
adb push Calendar.apk /sdcard
adb shell
sysrw
cp /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk /sdcard/ <- Backup working version incase of issues.
cp /sdcard/Calendar.apk /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk
sysro

Other option is to use the barcode scanner and download it with phone and install.
I have only tested on Android 2.2.
I currenlty have this installed, and i am Love love Loving it. BUT i get double notifications (seems from org cal, and yours) and its killing me. Also...now that the 'work" calendar is integrated in the main calendar i want to change the color the work calendar displays how can i do this!?!?

I tired to use the quoted directions (you posted) and i have no clue where to find this info, i searched the phone but dont see where it could be to "over right" the orignal calendar. I have a friend who also installed the cal based on my reccomenedation. whose double notifications are killing her too! Please ADVISE ASAP!

Thanks so much for all your efforts and time in to making other peoples lives eaier =)

invadergzim

Reaction score
From Google Code Discussion Board...

Found this comment on the Google Boards... It WORKS on the DroidX
running Froyo... My calendar week now starts on Monday...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Install MoreLocale 2 to choose locales that doesn't come with the phone. Does Droid X have Android 2.2? If not, that's why the calendar doesn't work.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NOW, if someone could figure out a way to make "Work Week View"
side swipe between M-F, and Sat-Sun... Things would be PERFECT!

Hope this helps someone else...

Cya...

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts. If I can get around to working on it I'll see what I can do.

Hey DarkNet sorry this took me so long but here is a mock up with some different ideas. I personally like the triangles in the bottom lefthand corner of the date.

AndroidCalendarMockup.png

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Unfortunately I only have the "DROID" to work with so I have only been able to test on the emulator and the DROID. If you can get me the logs from your device I should be able to debug them.

Yes this program will NOT load on a Droid X running 2.2

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
What you need to do is change the colors directly on google.com Calendar. I am looking into being able to change the colors from the phone but I am very limited on time atm.

That would work just fine.
If using adb you can replace the installed Calendar. It is installed under /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk

using BB
adb push Calendar.apk /sdcard
adb shell
sysrw
cp /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk /sdcard/ <- Backup working version incase of issues.
cp /sdcard/Calendar.apk /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk
sysro

Other option is to use the barcode scanner and download it with phone and install.
I have only tested on Android 2.2.
I currenlty have this installed, and i am Love love Loving it. BUT i get double notifications (seems from org cal, and yours) and its killing me. Also...now that the 'work" calendar is integrated in the main calendar i want to change the color the work calendar displays how can i do this!?!?

I tired to use the quoted directions (you posted) and i have no clue where to find this info, i searched the phone but dont see where it could be to "over right" the orignal calendar. I have a friend who also installed the cal based on my reccomenedation. whose double notifications are killing her too! Please ADVISE ASAP!

Thanks so much for all your efforts and time in to making other peoples lives eaier =)

colin_young

Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble with this excellent mod not remembering the start date setting after rebooting the phone? Wouldn't be a problem except that Google Listen reboots my phone about 2 or 3 times per week.

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble with this excellent mod not remembering the start date setting after rebooting the phone? Wouldn't be a problem except that Google Listen reboots my phone about 2 or 3 times per week.

I just rebooted my phone just to check and start date was kept. Could you send me your logs during a reboot?

colin_young

Reaction score
Thanks. I've attached logs extracted using aLogCat. Hopefully it's the right one (I haven't taken the time to explore Android's logs and whatnot yet). They are Main and Events.

Attachments

• Android.zip
    38.8 KB · Views: 138
OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
HDPI Calendar has been updated with a few minor changes.

I am no longer working on the the MDPI version unless specifically requested.

cR5toM.qrcode

colin_young

Reaction score
HDPI Calendar has been updated with a few minor changes.

I am no longer working on the the MDPI version unless specifically requested.

cR5toM.qrcode

So, that's the Cyanogen version? I assume I need full cyanogen and not just root to run it?

Jack_R1

Reaction score
The latest APK works fine, but it has a "stamp" all over the screen that looks like a big "Q" with arrow in the bottom right corner. Is this intentional? If not - what can I post to allow you to debug it?
Using Nexus One with Enomther's custom ROM (2.2.1 AOSP-based).

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
The latest APK works fine, but it has a "stamp" all over the screen that looks like a big "Q" with arrow in the bottom right corner. Is this intentional? If not - what can I post to allow you to debug it?
Using Nexus One with Enomther's custom ROM (2.2.1 AOSP-based).

Send me a screenshot and what phone and dpi of the ROM you are using.