Android 2.2 Calendar

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Amazing calendar mod!

If you're accepting requests, it seems like the the calendar only syncs 1 month prior to the first calendar sync. It would be awesome if there's an option to sync all old events. I need every past event on my phone for reference and this is a problem.

I'll look into it.

Bran.Bouchard

Reaction score
Hey DarkNet, This seems like an awesome idea and going to get it installed ASAP.

For the widget can you add the Date when there are no upcoming events?

Also instead of coloring the number can you color the square if there is an all day event?

YesFanDon

Reaction score
I'm frustrated by the default daily view in that it doesn't show the whole day, causing me to scroll up or down to see the rest of the hours. I'd like to see one line/row per hour rather than two.

Is there already a setting to change this? If not, is this something that can be modified?

Thanks!

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Hey DarkNet, This seems like an awesome idea and going to get it installed ASAP.

Also instead of coloring the number can you color the square if there is an all day event?

I went back and forth over coloring in the square or the number. I suppose I could try to add the option but one thing I noticed was that coloring the entire square would over highlight the day and make the busy bits hard to see. If another option for the hourly could be determined I think it would be a more viable option.

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
I'm frustrated by the default daily view in that it doesn't show the whole day, causing me to scroll up or down to see the rest of the hours. I'd like to see one line/row per hour rather than two.

Is there already a setting to change this? If not, is this something that can be modified?

Thanks!

Unfortunately I think that might make the screen abit too crowed but I am open for opinions.

thfd332

Reaction score
This is what I have been looking for!!! Thanks. One question, can i uninstall the original calendar without any ill effects?

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
This is what I have been looking for!!! Thanks. One question, can i uninstall the original calendar without any ill effects?

If you have root you can replace the original Calendar App with mine. I would make a backup of the original and put it on SD card just in case though..

wernst

Reaction score
While there's no doubt this is an improvement over the stock calender application, if you really want more functionality then you want Calender Pad from the Market. It actually lists your calender entries by their name in the month view, and color codes them too.. The week and daily view beats the stock app too.

The free version has all the features I need.

-Warr

alweiser

Reaction score
Does your altered version create different "repeatable events" options? I'm looking for a way to enter a "every third day" repeatable event.

I work 24 hours then am off 48 hours so would like to enter my work schedule once rather than manually entering in all these dates...

Thanks!

Bran.Bouchard

Reaction score

I went back and forth over coloring in the square or the number. I suppose I could try to add the option but one thing I noticed was that coloring the entire square would over highlight the day and make the busy bits hard to see. If another option for the hourly could be determined I think it would be a more viable option.

would it be possible to do a diagonal strip display, that would also allow multiple colors to be meshed together? would it also be possible to change the opacity of the colors to make them stand out less?

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score

would it be possible to do a diagonal strip display, that would also allow multiple colors to be meshed together? would it also be possible to change the opacity of the colors to make them stand out less?

From the looks of the code yes. I am very busy so I only get to work on the mods when I have free weekends. I will look into it. Could you send me a drawing of your concept. I like the idea but images help a lot.

Bran.Bouchard

Reaction score
Hey DarkNet sorry this took me so long but here is a mock up with some different ideas. I personally like the triangles in the bottom lefthand corner of the date.

AndroidCalendarMockup.png

jst4fun

Reaction score
after froyo update, it downloads but then when you go to install it, its says application failed?
Any ideas?

invadergzim

Reaction score
Same issue here... This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for... Monday to
start, and keep my Saturday/Sunday together for sanity sake...

I download using the QR code, I enabled allow non-market apps, but
it won't complete the install...

I find the downloaded APK in the downloads directory... when I try to
run it from there, I don't see the Week Start setting???, probably due
to not installing correctly???

Anyone have a clue???

Thanks...