Android 2.2 Calendar

colin_young

Reaction score
In order to get my app to launch instead of the standard app I believe that you will need to replace it with mine instead of installing is side by side.
I have instructions on how to do so here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/55250-android-2-2-calendar-2.html#post591350

Mind you I have only tested this under DROID so there may be minor changes for your Nexus One. Always make backups.. the key to survival.

Thanks. I actually read that post already. I think I got to the part where it says something to the effect of "or just use the barcode scanner" and my brain decided to just dump the rest of the post :)

I'll give it a try when I get around to rooting my phone and installing a custom ROM. For now it's not a big deal.

Thanks for fixing this little annoyance.

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Updated Calendar to include Default start day and Saturday.
Have Fun.

colin_young

Reaction score
Have Fun.

What does the default start day do? It doesn't appear to use the setting from my google account, so I can only assume it means the phone locale settings. Scanning the original post did the upgrade nicely.

One odd thing however. When I change the start day, the week view seemed to pick it up when I switched to it, but the month view didn't (even after switching to day/week and back to month). It could be because the month view was displayed when I changed the setting. Exiting and restarting the app fixed it up. Nothing major, but I imagine it's something that might need to be fixed before these changes would be rolled into an official release (then again, maybe not since this entire feature seems to have been completely ignored in the first place).

johnnieeve

Reaction score
I welcome any improvement to Google Calendar (Contacts, too). Coming off six years using a Palm Treo, finding a comfort zone with Google Calendar has been difficult.

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Have Fun.

What does the default start day do? It doesn't appear to use the setting from my google account, so I can only assume it means the phone locale settings. Scanning the original post did the upgrade nicely.

One odd thing however. When I change the start day, the week view seemed to pick it up when I switched to it, but the month view didn't (even after switching to day/week and back to month). It could be because the month view was displayed when I changed the setting. Exiting and restarting the app fixed it up. Nothing major, but I imagine it's something that might need to be fixed before these changes would be rolled into an official release (then again, maybe not since this entire feature seems to have been completely ignored in the first place).

Yes. Default uses the phone locale setting.
The oddity with the MonthView you noticed is in relation to the screen being redrawn. The calendar does not redraw the calendar unless the view is changed (month to week/ week to day) etc... This will happen for all views.

I may have to add a notice that recommends a calendar restart after changing setting.

colin_young

Reaction score
The oddity with the MonthView you noticed is in relation to the screen being redrawn. The calendar does not redraw the calendar unless the view is changed (month to week/ week to day) etc... This will happen for all views.

I may have to add a notice that recommends a calendar restart after changing setting.

I think I'll have to search through the existing calendar bugs on google's site to see if that's already listed. It seems like a bug to me (albeit a minor one).

On a unrelated note, have you seen anything in the calendar code that would allow custom graphics to be added to an existing view (e.g. I'm thinking along the lines of adding tide charts to the background of a day view or weather icons to a weekly view, that sort of thing)?

microsnook

Reaction score
Can you do different colors? like black and simple colors?
Can i change it myself? lol

Nice work btw

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Can you do different colors? like black and simple colors?
Can i change it myself? lol

Nice work btw

The colors are all dependent on your Google Calendar. The colors you choose there are the same colors used on the phone.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know when the 2.2 update will be coming out?

1. The search button is your friend
2. Your post had nothing to do with this topic at all
3. Have a nice Wednesday

dolpns13

Reaction score
Anyone know when the 2.2 update will be coming out?

1. The search button is your friend
2. Your post had nothing to do with this topic at all
3. Have a nice Wednesday

Thanks for the worthless info bud.. Some people are more helpful than others... :rating02:

EDIT.. The search button really helped BTW.. I found alot of knowledge on the Droid X, but nothing on the software upgrade from android 2.1 to 2.2.. Thanks again for the help..

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well your talking about oranges on a cucumber thread...

EDIT: then that means no one knows...

dolpns13

Reaction score
Well your talking about oranges on a cucumber thread...

EDIT: then that means no one knows...

The thread title is Android 2.2 calendar. That could easily be confused as the calendar date of when the software upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 is coming out. And without going through 10 pages of posts, I thought Id ask a small, easily answerable question..

Its all good, there are also posters on my NFL message board who instead of offering good advise, totally freak out when the smallest question is asked in the wrong thread. Im not one of them.

lol

Reaction score
Amazing calendar mod!

If you're accepting requests, it seems like the the calendar only syncs 1 month prior to the first calendar sync. It would be awesome if there's an option to sync all old events. I need every past event on my phone for reference and this is a problem.