Android 2.2 already in testing, new features highlighted

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they look gay, I think they look 'sleek'. Hey it might appeal to more women. Like my girlfriend wants a smartphone with a physical keyboard. One of these might appeal to here vs. the wide BlackBerry. (one of the wide versions with a physical keyboard that's considered the best to use, dont know the exact model)

I actually like the Lightning....too bad its a Windows phone...

Droid101

Reaction score
My thinking is we may see the FM Radio feature and maybe an update to free up some space. But the big one would be flash and they just call the update 2.2. Thats just what I am thinking because I know google is trying to not have 10 different android versions out there.:)

Darkseider

Reaction score
Not to sound too old fashioned or anything but you've got to be pleased with manufacturers and the carriers in general for providing us with functional and graphical updates of any kind. It was a very short time ago that these OTA updates didn't exist. You bought a phone as it was and used it as it was until it was no more. You should never stop expecting more out of the world but it doesn't hurt to stop and realize what people out there bust their ass to provide you with even if it's not on your schedule. ;)

That being said, these supposed fixes seem like a cool effort. I've mentioned it before but for those of us non-rooters, it'd be cool if they issued an update that overclocked the device a little. I read in the original specs the Droid was somewhere around 600MHz but was under-clocked. Now that the brilliant hackers on the forum have experimented with this heavily, it's probably safe to give the stock devices a boost without the voided warranty.

I don't think the underclock was due to a warranty issue as much as it was related to the battery life that was expected of the phone.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I don't think the underclock was due to a warranty issue as much as it was related to the battery life that was expected of the phone.

Nah what I meant was it's a cake walk to overclock the device IF you root it. What I was referring to is an OTA overclock now that the the guys over at Google have a better understanding of the devices capabilities through voluntary customer testing. Kind of like the administrator walking up to your computer and typing in his password so you can install that new software you wanted. Permissible overclocking. ;)

Last edited:

tabraha

Reaction score

Nah what I meant was it's a cake walk to overclock the device IF you root it. What I was referring to is an OTA overclock now that the the guys over at Google have a better understanding of the devices capabilities through voluntary customer testing. Kind of like the administrator walking up to your computer and typing in his password so you can install that new software you wanted. Permissible overclocking. ;)

That would be beyond awesome but pretty far out there as far as expectations. No doubt would be the biggest way to raise the bar.