Android 2.2 already in testing, new features highlighted

decriptor

Reaction score
The DROID has a fm transmitter/receiver chipset. There are devs trying to activate it. There are posts on this on Alldroid.

So, if this is true does this mean I'll be able to transmit something like pandora over to my car stereo? Or even phone calls? Though I wonder about the mic.

madmacabre

Reaction score
The DROID has a fm transmitter/receiver chipset. There are devs trying to activate it. There are posts on this on Alldroid.

So, if this is true does this mean I'll be able to transmit something like pandora over to my car stereo? Or even phone calls? Though I wonder about the mic.

That option would prob suck big time since the fcc regulates the strength of the power it emites, so that it doesnt interfer with other devices

chudilo

Reaction score
It already works if you have the right bluetooth support in your car stereo

decriptor

Reaction score
I'm not so lucky. I'm planning on getting a different car, but its an old `96. I don't want to have 2 car payments. Its a toyota camry and I've only heard great things about them, so I'm hoping it lasts at least 3-4 years

iPirate

Reaction score

That option would prob suck big time since the fcc regulates the strength of the power it emites, so that it doesnt interfer with other devices
it would be amazing if i could transmit over fm to my car. i think i would pass out

VolDroid

Reaction score
Well if they were to keep updating our phones to the latest and greatest then we would have to reason to go buy a new phone even when our contracts are up. Sounds like a money grabbing/smart business decision to leave some of the features off the Droid. Not that I like it either.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Not to sound too old fashioned or anything but you've got to be pleased with manufacturers and the carriers in general for providing us with functional and graphical updates of any kind. It was a very short time ago that these OTA updates didn't exist. You bought a phone as it was and used it as it was until it was no more. You should never stop expecting more out of the world but it doesn't hurt to stop and realize what people out there bust their ass to provide you with even if it's not on your schedule. ;)

That being said, these supposed fixes seem like a cool effort. I've mentioned it before but for those of us non-rooters, it'd be cool if they issued an update that overclocked the device a little. I read in the original specs the Droid was somewhere around 600MHz but was under-clocked. Now that the brilliant hackers on the forum have experimented with this heavily, it's probably safe to give the stock devices a boost without the voided warranty.

Last edited:

joshuaclee

Reaction score
So, according to this site

Dell releasing high-end Android, Windows Phone 7 smartphones - AfterDawn

Dell is releasing some Android phones, one of which has Flash 10.1 built into the phone while running 2.1. And one of the phones will come with 2.2 in the first quarter of 2011.

im not gonna lie. those phones look SUPER gay

I agree, the DROID is so much more awesome than all of these. But my thought in posting the link was to show that 1) 2.2 is being worked out and is coming, and 2) Flash will work on 2.1