Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

cdmixers

Reaction score
When I woke this morning, I heard the update tone, and there was message stating there was a awaiting update mine. I just checked my cell, and sure nuff 2.1 was listed in my phones specs. So I went to the gallery and noticed the different screen set up, with the pinch option to be used. It's pretty cool too, next thing is too upload the adobe flash 10.

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
if you guys want root access, DONT UPDATE via OTA to 2.1...

see this link -->
HTML:
http://alldroid.org/threads/16714-2.0.1-stock-to-2.1-with-root

th9203

Reaction score
Rolled over this morning and saw the notice to update.
Waited until I was a bit more awake and let it rip.;
So far no problems at all. In fact, so far it seems to be just a minor update. Helix is fine as well as all of the other various and sundry downloads that I have collected. The next few days will tell the tale.

Then I get to worry about the wife's phone. Her update will be here "any day now" I am sure. :)

xxacexx2

Reaction score
stock over root

I gotta say, i had droidmod and i went back to stock 2.1 and am soo glad I did. It is just so much more stable and smooth. Things run the way they should..and honestly some of these custom roms are just a little off and not stable enough. I was overclocked on my droid and the stock runs even better. The only reason I would root now is so I dont have to have a home replacement and so that I can theme everything with smoked glass. Thats probably not going to happen though

MrKleen

Reaction score
I gotta say, i had droidmod and i went back to stock 2.1 and am soo glad I did. It is just so much more stable and smooth. Things run the way they should..and honestly some of these custom roms are just a little off and not stable enough. I was overclocked on my droid and the stock runs even better. The only reason I would root now is so I dont have to have a home replacement and so that I can theme everything with smoked glass. Thats probably not going to happen though

That's cause DroidMod isn't one of the latest 2.1 roms, it's just a 2.o.1 rom with a bunch of junk added.

Of course the official 2.1 stock is much better.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. Your friendly neighborhood moderator just dropping by to remind everyone (again) that we are not discussing rooting on this thread. We're discussing the 2.1 update.

JLB09

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Your friendly neighborhood moderator just dropping by to remind everyone (again) that we are not discussing rooting on this thread. We're discussing the 2.1 update.

and a mighty fine update it is. Thank you Droid! Thank you Motorola!

MrKleen

Reaction score
If you guys are loving your Droid and your new 2.1 update please head over to this survey and vote for the Droid. For the best smartphone competition the Droid is getting destroyed by the Palm Pre Plus. If you love your Droid get your vote in and don't let this happen. Vote on your Droid and your home computers and tell 5 friends to help you out and vote also.... we are getting killed by a Palm Pre for goodness sakes.

This is the finals and it would be awesome if the Droid won! But we need a huge comeback cause it's not looking good. If you know of any other sites to poste this please do.

March Smart Phone Madness Finals: Motorola Droid vs. Palm Pre Plus

lizardbiker

Reaction score
My photo gallery keeps locking up and making me do a forced shutdown. Nice upgrade - photo gallery is messed up, and the comma is missing from the virtual keypad, replaced by a microphone. When will we be able to voice dial via bluetooth? That's the real upgrade I'd like.

MrKleen

Reaction score
My photo gallery keeps locking up and making me do a forced shutdown. Nice upgrade - photo gallery is messed up, and the comma is missing from the virtual keypad, replaced by a microphone. When will we be able to voice dial via bluetooth? That's the real upgrade I'd like.

Yes the comma is replaced with the microphone, but you can find it by clicking on the ?123 button right next to the microphone. It would have been nice if they left the comman on the same screen.

If you are having too many issues just do a factory reset and it will fix you right up! After doing a factory reset your phone operates fresh just like new.

I've read many threads that guys mention that their phones are sluggish or this and that. Factory reset baby!..... It will fix ya right up every time!

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I don't know if it has anything to do with the update but now there is no sound on any of my flix that I imported from my last phone.

gdoane

Reaction score
Got mine this morning. Battery usage is better. Things that will break, just add them in again to the home page are gallery and the picture frame widget.

More than likely due to the new interface for the gallery. If you have a large amount of pics, it will take a bit to get the thumbnails established but afterwards, it is pretty fast.

Default gallery viewer and maps use mutli-touch. Yahoo mail syncs wonderfully. I may try the default browser but I have become accustomed to Dolphin. Now on to try the live wallpaper

I dunno about the battery, my experience has been that the update eats the battery alive, but that might just be me using the phone a lot more today exploring what all happened. I actually got it down to the red blinking "FEED ME" LED that happens when battery power is under 15% in about 4 hours of playing around.

twone

Reaction score
I have not gotten my new update. When is it suppose to come?

hollowbox

Reaction score
Hey I did not think rooted phones would get the ota.......I'm running droidmod oced at 1ghz, with the smoked glass theme......and I just got the prompt to update to 2.1. Again I did not think rooted phones would get the ota, thought I would have to unroot to get it.