Andbody else take a their Droid back today?

natty_lite

Reaction score
That part kind of escaped me too. I don't see how the N1 will bring you anymore satisfaction than the Droid apparently did not. Unless you really dig the Nexus's form factor. The only area where I thought my phone was slow was panning through homescreens on the default launcher.

I dunno, just seems like nothing short of literally designing the phone yourself will leave you satisfied. Ditching a device because (you feel) the launcher is slow, seems petty. and to the people crying for the thread to be close, chillax. Its really not that serious, I haven't seen anyone flame anyone.

davidbehrns

Reaction score
I'll have to say, aside from my bout with the stupid Anti-Virus app (which was not the fault of my Droid but mine for installing it) I have nothing but good things to say about the Moto Droid. I haven't experienced any lag. After the patch the camera worked even better (although I had no complaints about the pre-patch camera).

I re-boot the Droid every couple of days (weather it needs it or not) I figure I should treat it the same as my home PC. Maybe, if you are having problems, you should give it an occasional re-boot instead of assuming that it can be kept going for months without acting flaky. I know this isn't the sort of thing we think of when we are talking about phones, but then again, the Droid is so much more than a phone.

actrack03

Reaction score
I think this is a valid post. With the Droid there are two big days that people had to keep in their heads when deciding if the Droid was a phone they wanted to live with for 2 years. The first one was 30 days after 11/06/2009 because of the amount of people who purchased it on release day and then today 01/13/2010 because of the special holiday return extension.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and frankly its his money so he can do whatever he wants. Personally as it stands right now you would have to pry my Droid from my cold dead hands. I know what he's talking about though. I originally purchased the Eris and though it was the best phone I had ever had, I knew that there was something better out there for me, the Droid, so I returned the Eris for the Droid. No complaints here, nothing jumps out about the nexus that could get me to wait months while going back to my storm. Even the thought of that last statement made me want to go jump off a bridge.

coastal_carolina

Reaction score
I think people have taken the original post too personal, or an attack on the Droid.

I know 6 people that have purchased the Droid and all have contemplated returning due to the extremely long return period.

I was glad to see that you could own a phone for more than 30 days and still return it if not fully satisfied.

Alot of people are missing the point that the Droid is a very good phone and the people that have thought about returning them are probably planning on staying with the Android platform.

With that said, Android is still in the early stages with many more changes, improvements and phones to come, and I can't wait to see what they have down the pipeline. I love Verizon's coverage, so for me if they dont get it on their network then I won't even look at the phone. I was extremely happy to see Android phones starting to pour into Verizon and I'm glad to finally see a phone that can knock the iPhone off its high pedestal.

OP
C

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
Really the biggest deal for me was that the nexus has twice the ram twice the processor and a better camera and I don't use the keyboard so it was un-needed. I know it's stupid but I am always taking pictures like at bars and stuff when I am out at night with my friends. If you try that on the droid you see a black screen in pretty much all low light situations without that blinding flash that washes everyone out. My omnia easily takes pictuers in almost no light situations without flash. I guess I just go spoiled and i am to lazy to carry my camera around when I know i have a phone capable of doing it.

edit* I wanted to add I think that the droids camera will probably get fixed because if you notice when you first start the camera everything is really light and then darkens quickly

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really the biggest deal for me was that the nexus has twice the ram twice the processor and a better camera and I don't use the keyboard so it was un-needed. I know it's stupid but I am always taking pictures like at bars and stuff when I am out at night with my friends. If you try that on the droid you see a black screen in pretty much all low light situations without that blinding flash that washes everyone out. My omnia easily takes pictuers in almost no light situations without flash. I guess I just go spoiled and i am to lazy to carry my camera around when I know i have a phone capable of doing it.

edit* I wanted to add I think that the droids camera will probably get fixed because if you notice when you first start the camera everything is really light and then darkens quickly

All your points are valid except for the camera. The Nexus camera has had very similar reviews to the Droid's camera, so don't expect much.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its not that anyone care if you take it back or not, whether you like it or not. Seems like the feel of the thread is you are entitled to do and get what you want to fit your need. I know people who ditch android phones for other phones. Its your money do what you want. To be honest you can say what you want. Other then fan boy its no bid deal whether you like the phone or not.
Its just i noticed on a couple of the forums someone would post a thread just to start a flame war on whose phone is better.
I find it funny that you can go on any forum and throw the same bate once a week and get the same response from the forum members.
my point was instead of close it just sticky it so those that have the same complaints about why they should return their phone can just see if people are having similar problems rather then someone a week later who is frustrated with their phone post another "I am bout to trade in my doid" rant and have the forum members go biserk.
Because every one has had that I am ready to trade my phone in syndrome. I was ready to trade it for the storm 2 or omnia 2. I am glad the vzw rep refuse to allow me to until my 30th day.....and that is because he knew where I was coming from and knew I would regret the decision.

OP
C

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
That will completely suck so do you think there is a problem in the software then have u noticed when you come out of the preview mode and have the camera pointed somewhere dark it lightens and the darkens quickly and stays that way. I am definatly going to research it before i get the phone the pics over HERE look pretty good but I have not seen any low light ones without flash and [video=youtube;sw9EbA4KnlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9EbA4KnlI&annotation_id=annotation_363544&feature=iv"]HERE[/video] is a video test against the 3gs, man I wish they did the droid too but it's looking pretty much the same like you said either way. Hmmm how much do I care about that snapdragon I guess LOL cause the next 2 months on an omnia after having the droid for a month are gonna ssssuuuuccckkkk

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you do switch to the Nexus, I would wait until Google and T Mobile get their customer service issues worked out. Who knows, but that time you may find another phone that's about to be released that you like even more. It will never end!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will admit the Nexus is a nice phone but i need a keyboard, if you dont use the keyboard and you like the nexus I would turn the droid in today and wait for the nexus, so I now see your point. You gonna turn it in on today so you can wait to see what the nexus will be like when it rolls out to verizon. because by then they will have worked the bugs out the nexus.

OP
C

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
I will admit the Nexus is a nice phone but i need a keyboard, if you dont use the keyboard and you like the nexus I would turn the droid in today and wait for the nexus, so I now see your point. You gonna turn it in on today so you can wait to see what the nexus will be like when it rolls out to verizon. because by then they will have worked the bugs out the nexus.

That is literally what I am doing hopefully the 3g stuff won't happen on verizon there is no way I am going to t-mobile I am for now either getting the nexus when it comes to Verizon or go back to the droid after I see it running smoothly on 2.1 in the store, defiantly sticking with android though. I know will never be satisfied but my phone right now is not that bad so I think in my situation it's worth the wait.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

That is literally what I am doing hopefully the 3g stuff won't happen on verizon there is no way I am going to t-mobile I am for now either getting the nexus when it comes to Verizon or go back to the droid after I see it running smoothly on 2.1 in the store, defiantly sticking with android though. I know will never be satisfied but my phone right now is not that bad so I think in my situation it's worth the wait.

Now I know see what you doin, SMART MOVE. No matter what any one say If you wait until the nexus come out you can play with that for 30 days and if you dont like it return to the droid or get what ever other phone. Besides I believe by the spring verizon is getting 2 android phones possible 3. :lifting:
Yeah if you not 100% sold on the droid then i would go free phone until I have a phone that i am 100% satisfied with being stuck with for 2yrs.

OP
C

cheifkeiff

Reaction score

Now I know see what you doin, SMART MOVE. No matter what any one say If you wait until the nexus come out you can play with that for 30 days and if you dont like it return to the droid or get what ever other phone. Besides I believe by the spring verizon is getting 2 android phones possible 3. :lifting:
Yeah if you not 100% sold on the droid then i would go free phone until I have a phone that i am 100% satisfied with being stuck with for 2yrs.

Finally I am understood LOL and really my original post was about the clause that I was able to use the droid for 40 days and take it back no charge not even the $35 restocking fee