Andbody else take a their Droid back today?

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
Today was a kinda sad day b/c a took my Droid back to day to revert back to my omnia with winmo 6.5 which pretty much blows. But I kinda just want to see where the developing goes and whether or not I will wait for the nexus. I just could not get past the laggy stock home screens, laggy scrolling(overclocking did help but....), and that darn low light camera(my omnia blows the droid camera away). I know it's kinda petty complaints but I didn't want to get stuck with a phone I am not 100% happy with especially if the nexus comes in a couple months.

Oh and that whole clause about being able to return Items that were purchased back between Nov14th - Dec 10th or whatever worked LOL I got to use the Droid over a month for free (Kinda) I didn't even have to pay the 35 restock fee!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why would I take it back?

And to go back to a WinMo phone? :blink:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The camera I can understand some dismay, even though it's not as bad as people claim. I have some great shots to disprove them :)

But the lag... not normal of a functional Droid. May have been apps loaded on the phone, such as an Anti-Virus.
Sorry to see you go.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today was a kinda sad day b/c a took my Droid back to day to revert back to my omnia with winmo 6.5 which pretty much blows. But I kinda just want to see where the developing goes and whether or not I will wait for the nexus. I just could not get past the laggy stock home screens, laggy scrolling(overclocking did help but....), and that darn low light camera(my omnia blows the droid camera away). I know it's kinda petty complaints but I didn't want to get stuck with a phone I am not 100% happy with especially if the nexus comes in a couple months.

Oh and that whole clause about being able to return Items that were purchased back between Nov14th - Dec 10th or whatever worked LOL I got to use the Droid over a month for free (Kinda) I didn't even have to pay the 35 restock fee!

I am glad you got something you are comfortable with ...if you get a Nexus see us at nexousoneforums.net. Maybe you'll change your mind after a bit and come back :). If not good luck

misaac

Reaction score

If the winmo phone works better for you, I'd say go for it. Gotta have the phone that suits you best. Don't worry about what others say.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What you saw as problems were software issues. I myself would have waited around. The lag you see is not because the Droid is underpowered. The software just needs some optimization.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You have to be happy with the device you choose. If the Droid does not work for you by all means choose something hat you feel good with.

Good luck sorry to see you go.

OP
C

cheifkeiff

Reaction score
I ran it in safe mode, over clocked, I did everything you could possibly do I am not [Edited by FoxKat for content] I am definitely gonna get an android phone just don't know which one imagine overclocking that snapdragon!

Trust me I know the droid is a freaking awesome phone just didnt want to get stuck wishing I had a nexus I LOVE 2.1 though!

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Goodbye and good luck. You didn't really expect a whole bunch of people to say "I took my Droid back too" did you?;)

tktouch12

Reaction score
if you arent satisfied with the droid, and didnt have to pay the restocking fee, i think its good you took it back. maybe in 3 months the nexus one with keyboard will come to verizon, and you can get that, but if you're not happy with that expensive of a phone, get rid of it until one comes out that you like.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Seen the video comparing the N1 and Droid on this forum? No appreciable differences when browsing or or transitioning between screens.

The difference will only get smaller once we get 2.1.

authority11

Reaction score
There's like one of these "taking back my droid posts" every day on this forum. I don't even know what the point of making them is.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
LOL Martin. It Drives me crazy when I post from Droid and get those double posts. I should really use the mobile site.