And another newbie question

Othym

Reaction score
Ok, so if I decide to install a ROM on my D2, will it erase settings/contacts, and such like that? Also, if i have to recover via Bootstrap, wil lthis restore contacts, settings, and other things stored on the phones internal memory, or will i lose all that if I flash to a new ROM?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Ok, so if I decide to install a ROM on my D2, will it erase settings/contacts, and such like that? Also, if i have to recover via Bootstrap, wil lthis restore contacts, settings, and other things stored on the phones internal memory, or will i lose all that if I flash to a new ROM?

If you make a backup yeah that will save contacts and settings and such but you can't go back and forth between kernel versions with backups. Also, when you wipe to go to the new ROM it will erase everything. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
O

Othym

Reaction score
Is there a ay to reestore contacts if I switch ROMs? From what I understant titanium backup will restore apps. Thank you for the help

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Are your contacts synced with your google account? If so, they'll automatically restore when you login.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If they aren't in google then just use backup assistant.

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
When you sign in to your google account it will sync your contacts as long you kept the two synced before. You can also export your contacts to your sd card.

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue

Reaction score
If they aren't in google then just use backup assistant.

A. Why would you EVER use that piece of junk, bloated, intrusive app when you could backup with Google?

B. Most ROMs don't come with backupassistant installed... That's one of their many benefits.