Can I restore old D2 rom on replacement D2?

shizumie

Reaction score
Ok so my D2 screen would randomly lock up causing battery pull, so i sbf back to stock, called Verizon, they sent out new D2, (didn't even have me do hard reset/restore) .

So new D2 running fine so far (as fine as stock can, lol). So my question is can I root & clockwork restore my rom and settings from old phone, or is this a bad idea?

Also if i cannot restore my rom and settings, will i be able to restore apps, n data with titanium, and my backups on sdcard?

Thanks for any and all advice!

thebird36

Reaction score
Well if your able to find the rom you can put it on your new one but I'm not really sure on what your trying to ask you have to send back the replacement so I would sbf it and then give it back

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
He's asking if he can use clockwork to restore a backup from his old phone that is saved on the sd card. I think it has been asked before but I don't remember what the answer was. If you're feeling adventurous I would just say go with it. Worst case scenario you'd have to sbf but I really don't know for sure if it would work.

tappin and a talkin

thebird36

Reaction score
Grr you spaz you always have the answer lol I agree with you now that I know what the question was lol

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Lol, that's exactly right (spaz) I have all my backups from old phone on sd, so I know its possible to flash those backups, I just didn't know if there would be any (info) that was specific to old phone, that wouldn't work on new. If I don't get a def.. answer on hear I will try and see what happens and post results for all. ( have to wait till I have some spare time, just incase I do have to sbf.)
Again thanks to all!

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Ok, First off just wanna say thanks for all the replies, and help.

So I set aside about an hour to work on this phone, just in-case of SBF. So in all of about 10 min, I had activated the phone, made test call/ sms , put on bootstrap and z4 root, (only them 2) rooted, did a backup. reboot clear data/cache, install backup from old phone, (from sd), loaded reboot, and incomes quire of angels singing because all is well! as far as I can tell my (certified like new, lol) new D2 is working flawlessly!

So I guess it is very possible! Thanks again!

Oh if for some reason I notice any problems I will post them hear, but I have run every test I can think of and all is well!