Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

An iPhone Class Action Suit Is in the Works

500x_iphonejobs_01.jpg

The California law firm that sued Facebook and Zynga over scammy gaming ads is setting its sights on Apple, investigating a possible class action over reception problems with the new iPhone.

Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff, LLP is looking for people who "recently purchased the new iPhone and have experienced poor reception quality, dropped calls and weak signals." That's the same firm that filed a federal class action suit over deceptive "offer" ads in games like Mafia Wars and Farmville. In the case of the fourth-generation iPhone, released last week, the phone shows fewer reception bars if you hold it wrong; Apple has suggested gripping it different.

There is evidence other phones may have had problems when gripped a certain way. But none generated the number of public complaints or level of controversy associated with the iPhone 4. So when Steve Jobs personally suggests to users to "avoid holding it in that way," he's handing the likes of KCR some valuable legal ammunition.

[Photo via Getty]
Send an email to Ryan Tate, the author of this post, at [email protected].

An iPhone Class Action Suit Is in the Works

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I expected something like this. Apple's reaction of "not their problem" and to either "use it differently" or "buy a bumper from them" shouldn't sit well with the owners.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I bet the result of the class-action lawsuit, if it happens, is that Apple/AT&T will start giving out free bumpers, and $10 Apple Store gift cards to people who already bought one.

:-/

JCo352

Reaction score
Good, that is a ridiculous response Steve Jobs replied with.

J

Johnly

It seems most "apple users" will deal with it, but it is good, and I hope that they will take it to them; because that Jobs response "your holding it wrong" deserves a big fat legal slap IMO. Geez, now I am defending iPhone users.."this Droid" has grown in the past year, hehe.

mrdroid

Reaction score
I can't believe people still buy Apple products. When will people realize their products are garbage in a shiny case?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I can't believe people still buy Apple products. When will people realize their products are garbage in a shiny case?
When they decide to think for themselves and realize that there's more to a phone then what someone else says.
Unfortunately there wasn't many choices for a Droid-like phone until the Droid came out. So they had to choose the iPhone. When Android phones become more visible, people will stop and hopefully think before buying what everyone else buys and following the crowd.

Per the lawsuit... I hope something happens because apples needs a slap of reality and taken down a notch (from their level, not ours). But I don't know if it will do much good. Again, I do hope it will.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

you sound like someone who has never used an apple product....

now granted i don't care for the iphone a whole lot but i have owned 6 laptop computers by apple and all have surpassed my expectations by far. When it comes to build quality their products are top notch. They hold their values better then any PC i have ever owned or used. I just sold a 2 year old macbook for over 1000 dollars.

and no im not a fanboi i actually use and prefer linux most of the time but i do believe all three linux, OSX, and windows all have their place.