Amazing new music player for Droid!

weaz

Reaction score
When screen goes dark, and you want to change a song and you hit the lock button, it bring up a widget that lets you change your song without dragging your finger to unlock the phone

Damn, never noticed that before. THANKS!

limestone

Reaction score
bTunes sounds good but...
Is there a music player that uses the volume rockers when screen is locked?
Don't really like to fish out the Droid, look down at the screen (especially in sunlight) and try to hit the right buttons.
Love my Blackberry...Long press the volume rocker will choose next track or last track..

slinky

Reaction score
Until there is a way to use the answer button on headphones for start/stop/skip/rewind this is all silliness to me. I wanted to use my phone for a workout but the Droid seems to automatically start the stock player using the stock player even when it's not running. Considering it has no preferences and I don't think can be uninstalled...

jasonb

Reaction score
Until there is a way to use the answer button on headphones for start/stop/skip/rewind this is all silliness to me. I wanted to use my phone for a workout but the Droid seems to automatically start the stock player using the stock player even when it's not running. Considering it has no preferences and I don't think can be uninstalled...

you can uninstall the stock player if you are rooted.

liddster

Reaction score
according to the website...

Bluetooth controls added.
Camera button override options (camera button will not work when the screen is off or the lockscreen is showing becuase of android limitations).
Minor bug fixes.

Anyone check the BT yet?

Reaction score
Don't really like to fish out the Droid, look down at the screen (especially in sunlight) and try to hit the right buttons.
Love my Blackberry...Long press the volume rocker will choose next track or last track..
JaJa, bTunes does that.

NBAJWill55

Reaction score
This thing needs to stop analyzing my files each time its opened. Very annoying. And while in use, if I pull it down from the notification bar, ups like it to go to the Now Playing screen automatically, like the stock player. Plus it doesn't seem to play nice with the Droid's native auto task killer. I've had it close while browsing the internet.
Otherwise, decent start. I like the idea of album art on the widget as a new option.

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
it only rescans library when yo completely exit out, or kill the process, if you just press the home screen, and it will not rescan

pudah

Reaction score

I think it does, but not locked. It'd be nice on a rooted phone to be able to use while the screen is off. The volume should be for volume, but a long hold to change or the camera button to play the next is nice, but only usefull if the screen is off.

This thing needs to stop analyzing my files each time its opened. Very annoying. And while in use, if I pull it down from the notification bar, ups like it to go to the Now Playing screen automatically, like the stock player. Plus it doesn't seem to play nice with the Droid's native auto task killer. I've had it close while browsing the internet.
Otherwise, decent start. I like the idea of album art on the widget as a new option.

This is kind of necessary to build your music library. I suppose there could be an option to allow it as-is, or if you uncheck the option it is set to manual so you must refresh by hitting a button in the settings. It is really fast, though, and only happens when you start the program. For the VERY minor inconvenience it poses; it brings a necessary function to the table.

NBAJWill55

Reaction score
Thanks Rec, I assumed that since the music would still play that it was still running when I hit the back button to escape. But hitting the home button now works just fine.

And I get that its needed to build my music library, but not every time I close it. An option would be nice. :)

Thanks for the help guys!

slinky

Reaction score

you can uninstall the stock player if you are rooted.

Thanks... unfortunately I don't care to root my phone. I just want a music player to work with the standard headphone/set butons like every other phone without the stock music player piping in. It's absolutely insane that Motorola didn't even think of including a single preference in the stock music player or ability to uninstall shiitake that shouldn't be in there.

limestone

Reaction score
Volume Rockers on Screen Lock

JaJa, bTunes does that.

So I got the bTunes, and when screen is locked, there is a widget for forward/back, but volume rockers only control volume not forward/back with long press.

bjet767

Reaction score
I tried mixzing and from the write ups don't want to bother with btune. My phone is running Smoked Glass 6.0 with the new music player 3 and it is great. Fast, cover art and all the good stuff. The volume control works while the phone is locked and the screen is off.

For all those who are afraid of "rooting" it is worth it. Faster better and very stable.

Pagey33

Reaction score
I sent this question to rec08.......but maybe others on the board know the answer.

I download music from imusic and music junk.
The songs I download from there won't go to btunes as it
does to my stock music app automatically.

Does anyone know how to sync music from apps like those to btunes?

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
I sent this question to rec08.......but maybe others on the board know the answer.

I download music from imusic and music junk.
The songs I download from there won't go to btunes as it
does to my stock music app automatically.

Does anyone know how to sync music from apps like those to btunes?

in imusic, go to preferences and change the music folder that imusic downloads to....