Amazing new music player for Droid!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The 2.1 stock player has been available for non rooted in the form of an APK for a while - it's nothing special at all in fact I uninstalled it.

RemyL75

Reaction score
You blue tooth peeps need to stop wasting money. You'll get better performance at the same price point with wired headphones. I love wireless but can live with wires ;)

Bluetooth doesn't have to be a waste of money. If you know where to look, a good pair of bluetooth stereo headphones can be found for about the same price you would pay for quality wired headphones. I have a pair of S9-HD headphones that I only paid 36.00 for on ebay. Brand New and they work better with the Droid than with other phones I have used them with (AT&T Tilt, Blackjack, T-Mobile Dash and a friend let me test them on his iPhone), especially concerning range while playing music (it's less than 5ft with the other phones, but with Droid I get the 30ft that you are suppose to get). I will say that i do have a pair of earbuds I keep for emergencies, but I haven't had to use them with the Droid :icon_ banana:

myz06vette

Reaction score
Just tried this out. Didn't read 11 pages of this thread, but its a slick app. I was waiting for something like this. When this thread was originally started, OP said it was FREE - its $1.49 now. No big deal, it seems to work well so far so I'm fine with that.

pudah

Reaction score
Just tried this out. Didn't read 11 pages of this thread, but its a slick app. I was waiting for something like this. When this thread was originally started, OP said it was FREE - its $1.49 now. No big deal, it seems to work well so far so I'm fine with that.

Originally it was the beta version, being tested, and buggy.

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
Im glad I could point out this great app! Every update makes it better and better!!

Moonraker

Reaction score
Don't post alot. But dang, this is a really good program. Sure, its an ipod/iphone copy of their music program, but as much as I think the iphone is overrated, when something is good, its good. and its a very solid music program and I'm glad there is a very similiar duplicate available for the Droid.

It's well worth the $1.50 for a program like this, it makes listening to music very enjoyable on my droid (where before I didnt really like to listen to music on it.. it was meh). It allows me to access my music easily, and the widget for it (similiar to Pandora or Slacker) is very slick.

I personally enjoy it, I had Mixzing and 3(cubed) but while they were very good too.. this is much more my style

EDIT - AND (I just noticed this) when I go to lock my screen (when the music is still playing), the widget is available on the lock screen so I can pause and/or skip through my songs. VERY nice feature

Last edited:

M1dnite

Reaction score
Okay, i've used the big 4. Stock, This, Mixzing, Cube.

Cubed (3) stole my heart. It's so smooth and it functionality is great. The home screen widget is nice and sleek (not sure if this is a theme from my rom or not) but it has this shaded effect. Scrolling through the music is a joy, and it's a wow app since this is an original app. Not an iFake software, which I come to love. I had an iPhone for years, why would I want an app that wants to look like something I use to have but uglier?

Mixzing seems to be more stable. It seems like when I need it to work it does. I keep it as back up, but 3 is becoming more and more stable per release. Mixzing was my "go to music app" for a while, but now it's on the bench as a back up.

shugknight

Reaction score
So reading this thread, got me to buy BTunes. I like it. I definitely like the lock screen widget that comes with it as well. I think that alone might be worth the $1.50 price tag. But I'm wondering, is there anyway to create a playlist from your computer and import them back to my droid to play? I have playlists from Tunewiki, but it doesn't get recognized in BTunes.

Also, why is it that even though some songs on my Droid have their tags filled out for Artist, Album, Song, etc.. It still doesn't pop up correctly in Btunes?

I have a Beastie Boys cd, and their album field is filled out for each song, but when one song plays, the Album is labeled as "Unknown"

Anyway to fix this?

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
It supports tags, and all my music has showed up in btunes correctly, so im not sure why yours isnt

shugknight

Reaction score
It supports tags, and all my music has showed up in btunes correctly, so im not sure why yours isnt
It's odd, cause there's some songs that recognize the tags. But theres alot of songs that are "Unknown" but then when I look at the tags, it states the correct info.

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
alot of time tags are incomplete.....like a song will have 2 spots where the artist should be listed

like Artist
and Album Artist...

makes sure both are filled out with the same artist

weaz

Reaction score
So reading this thread, got me to buy BTunes. I like it. I definitely like the lock screen widget that comes with it as well. I think that alone might be worth the $1.50 price tag. But I'm wondering, is there anyway to create a playlist from your computer and import them back to my droid to play? I have playlists from Tunewiki, but it doesn't get recognized in BTunes.

What is the lock screen widget?

OP
rec08

rec08

Reaction score
When screen goes dark, and you want to change a song and you hit the lock button, it bring up a widget that lets you change your song without dragging your finger to unlock the phone

shugknight

Reaction score
When screen goes dark, and you want to change a song and you hit the lock button, it bring up a widget that lets you change your song without dragging your finger to unlock the phone
Yup, basically if you're listening to music.. instead of having to unlock the phone each time to change the song, once you hit the sleep button, a widget comes up that allows you to control the music. It also gives you the option to go to the lock screen.

REC08, thanks for the help. I using this program to edit the Tags and they seem to be working better. One thing I noticed about BTunes is that you have to refresh a few times to get it to show what you want.