Music Apps for Droid

andy123

Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got a Droid is so I don't have to carry around a phone and my iPod touch. The music player that comes standard is alright but I want more. I am looking for suggestions on a good music player app for Droid. Ones I have tried are:

1. RockOn - didn't like because you could only play music through albums.

2. Tunewiki - sucks because I would hit playlists/artist and would have to wait a full minute before it opened. One of the things I did like about Tunewiki was the Flyscreen that it was compatable with. It lets you control your music from the lock screen of your phone.

3. The one that I am using for the moment is MixZing (or MixZing Lite as it says in my app up menu.) It has a big widget that takes up a whole screen which is pretty cool but I would like to control it form my lock screen.

So are there any other msuic playing apps that are worth a download? Specifially one that is compatable with Flyscreen or something else that lets me control it from my lock screen? Similar to the iPhone or iPod Touch?

Another thing I am looking for is a music streamer. I am using iMusic. It lets me download and/or play the music online. The only problem with iMusic is that I can't find songs until a week after they come out. I am looking for another app like iMusic that I can play or download the songs but where they come out sooner.

Any suggestions for a music player and a music streamer is greatly appreciated. Thank you

delaen

Reaction score
Lots of love around here for Pandora, DroidLive, and Grooveshark on the streaming end.

zasran

Reaction score
I also like Last.fm (sort of similar to Pandora, plays music based on preferences/recomendations, has obscure stuff, e.g. lots of Slovak and Czech music) and Rhapsody (closed beta only now, paid subscription but plays what you want, huge selection),

There's iheartradio if you like actual radio stations,

ero

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I also like Last.fm (sort of similar to Pandora, plays music based on preferences/recomendations, has obscure stuff, e.g. lots of Slovak and Czech music) and Rhapsody (closed beta only now, paid subscription but plays what you want, huge selection),

There's iheartradio if you like actual radio stations,

ero

+ 1 for last.fm

but i seem to use them all to find what i want to listen to that day

pandora, last.fm, iheartradio, slacker
--for the streaming one

tunewiki is nice if you want the lyrics for the song

searayman

Reaction score
huge fan of slacker here and 2.1 music app is pretty decent if you haven't tried that

joeymoose

Reaction score
last.fm and listen for me. Ya, I know Listen isn't music, but listening to Buzz out loud is better than most of today's music...

seang

Reaction score
mixzing is nice.
mort player (beta) is pretty good.

hopefully someone will make a decent player at some point that has an EQ. the one in the market stinks.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
I just want one that can do A->B repeat. When I am learning a new song (on Saxophone) I like to be able to repeat just short sections of the song so I can listen and play along.

CrappyAlloy

Reaction score
I just want one that can do A->B repeat. When I am learning a new song (on Saxophone) I like to be able to repeat just short sections of the song so I can listen and play along.
Hmm, I know this app wasnt made for this purpose, but would ringdroid work for you?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah with Ringdroid you can start and stop anywhere within a song as many times as you like....

I know exactly what you mean by needing to start and stop certain parts to learn because I play guitar and I have to do that VERY often while learning a new song...