Am I missing something?...

Reaction score
I just got my NEW Nexus (CDMA) Monday and the battery is horrible. I read the threads and turned off all location services, screen to timeout in 30 seconds, automatic brightness. I don't have WiFi on, or bluetooth. I have it set to 3G only, because 4G is not available in my market yet. I don't have any apps installed, except for the ones that came loaded with the phone. I went to work at 5:00 a.m. this morning and at 10:00, I had 55% battery left. At 5:30 p.m. it alerted me to connect to a charger. I did not use my phone at all while at work. I do not have a case yet, so I carry it in my front jeans pocket. Any thoughts? Thanks

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Meh, u got 12 hours out it. But yes the 1850 mAh one doesnt last to long. mine just sit with a few browsing from me last 6 hrs. thats why i have extended battery also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got my NEW Nexus (CDMA) Monday and the battery is horrible. I read the threads and turned off all location services, screen to timeout in 30 seconds, automatic brightness. I don't have WiFi on, or bluetooth. I have it set to 3G only, because 4G is not available in my market yet. I don't have any apps installed, except for the ones that came loaded with the phone. I went to work at 5:00 a.m. this morning and at 10:00, I had 55% battery left. At 5:30 p.m. it alerted me to connect to a charger. I did not use my phone at all while at work. I do not have a case yet, so I carry it in my front jeans pocket. Any thoughts? Thanks

how is your reception at work? If the phone is always jumping with the signal, it will cause the battery to drain a lot faster.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
Meh, u got 12 hours out it. But yes the 1850 mAh one doesnt last to long. mine just sit with a few browsing from me last 6 hrs. thats why i have extended battery also.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

12 hours without any use at all? My Bionic was bad, but I could get 24-30 hours with it and with moderate usage. Sure seems like an ICS bug to me. Thought someone might be able to verify it. :)

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
how is your reception at work? If the phone is always jumping with the signal, it will cause the battery to drain a lot faster.

Poor signal at work. I'm going to put it in airplane mode tomorrow to check and see if it's constantly searching for a data connection. That could be it.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Poor signal at work. I'm going to put it in airplane mode tomorrow to check and see if it's constantly searching for a data connection. That could be it.

I would say it probably is. If the phone is searching for a signal it won't go into deep sleep mode. But it's worth it to put it in airplane mode for a day and see if that is, in fact, the issue.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I do not know your situation at work but I get a terrible signal at my desk (do with any phone I have had). If I put it in airplane mode and only use it on lunch/break I go home with around 80-85% left. Without, it can go anywhere down to around 40% or less, which is a drastic difference.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Airplane mode it is. I have a feeling that's the problem.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score

BDNYY23

Reaction score
Do you have wifi available at work, if so, turn that on and leave it on as the phone is much better with battery when connected to wifi. If not, you can try one of the battery saving tools like Juice Defender or 2X Battery, as they will turn off data automatically. I didn't like those as I didn't like the time it took to reconnect to data when I woke the phone up, but you may have better results.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sounds like your poor signal is coming into play, you also may have the Android OS "keep awake" bug. go to settings --> battery --> Android OS. Check your keep awake time

paulyjsob

Reaction score
I have poor reception at work as well. Having WIFI on make a HUGE difference. My phone is off the charger from 6:30am and after all day at work (until 5PM) I still have about 80% left. Granted, I don't use it heavily. A couple phone calls, a couple games of solitair, and few kik messages, browsing for about 10 minutes. Without WIFI, it would be dead by 3PM.

OP
MyEntityRemains
Reaction score
It was the "searching for data" constantly. I put it on airplane mode and in 5 hours, it only dropped 2%. At the end of 12 hours, it only dropped 7%....hooking into WiFi at work tomorrow.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It was the "searching for data" constantly. I put it on airplane mode and in 5 hours, it only dropped 2%. At the end of 12 hours, it only dropped 7%....hooking into WiFi at work tomorrow.

Now that's much better. Let us know how the wifi experiment goes too.