AllCast Has Been Updated And Now Supports Chromecast, Stream Local Content!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

9eNZRwuHauDc547Tp6t7GUHI8Da9OHyNKS1sfbWOI4Bn73IqophNr9VB-ff04peCf46t=w300

All cast is finally supported by the Chromecast. It was originally developed by "Koush" with the Chromecast in mind but Google had other ideas about the Chromecast they quickly took down the Allcast app and closed development for the Chromecast. I imagine their reasoning behind this was that they wanted a closed source secure device to pitch to major content providers. Either they have extinguished their efforts in acquiring content providers for chromecast or they have decided that an open source Chromecast won't detour potential content providers. Either way the fact that the SDK is now open for development means that we will see plenty of streaming apps soon.

gnUouQO5S7pMwi60wsG8Nhsodyhufv4plcbkD_s_PxnrVB_mrnCip0OO5YgjXGKh6fA=h310

One of the first to drop is the reboot of Allcast for the Chromecast. This app does require that you have the latest version of the Google Play Services 4.2.39 installed on your device and you will need to update the app if it is already installed. The app is free, but you only get 1 minute to stream pictures or videos. This is basically to test the app to make sure that everything will work well with your device. The pro key is only $4.99 and is well worth it to eliminate the need for an hdmi cable and the need to leave the couch to switch between pictures or videos. I have had a chance to play with this app. So far it seems to be working perfectly with one exception. The buffer slider is not working properly. I am not able to fastforward or rewind on my Nexus 10. I am sure that Koush will have that functioning in short order. Head to the Play Link below for the download!

Via Play Store

phil72

Reaction score
So you find the Chromecast dongle (I think that's what you have) works pretty good, no jogging issues when watching videos or anything other than what you just mentioned.
Just wondering because we're getting a new Smart TV soon & bringing the lcd into our room to use, I've got the s4 previously the s3 & I was using the HDMI cable with it to view movies I'd downloaded. It worked great but like most people I prefer no wires that's one reason for the new Smart TV, I want to buy the chrome cast dongle & plug it into the lcd in our room so I can watch movies, look at the Internet etc. use it for everything it'll do! So in your opinion it's well worth the purchase then to use to watch downloaded movies, as well as stream movies I guess just have to see how they buffer. Thanks Phil

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you find the Chromecast dongle (I think that's what you have) works pretty good, no jogging issues when watching videos or anything other than what you just mentioned.
Just wondering because we're getting a new Smart TV soon & bringing the lcd into our room to use, I've got the s4 previously the s3 & I was using the HDMI cable with it to view movies I'd downloaded. It worked great but like most people I prefer no wires that's one reason for the new Smart TV, I want to buy the chrome cast dongle & plug it into the lcd in our room so I can watch movies, look at the Internet etc. use it for everything it'll do! So in your opinion it's well worth the purchase then to use to watch downloaded movies, as well as stream movies I guess just have to see how they buffer. Thanks Phil

right i have had no issues with streaming videos from the device to the chromecast using the updated allcast app. it streams my videos perfectly. the videos don't buffer. There is a slider that would allow you to fastforward and rewind the video but i cant get it to work. Im sure that koush will fix this asap. He is normally pretty good about updates.

phil72

Reaction score
Cool good to hear I was getting tired of watching new movie's on my s4 screen cause I'd just be laying in bed can't sleep, I'm too lazy to get up & go hook it up and watch it in the living room! :) Now I'll be able to just turn on the TV & stream it right from where I'm laying, I know I'm lazy but blame technology if they didn't have this stuff I wouldn't use it. Lol Thanks for the info.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
AllCast is not finding my Chromecast. How do I update Google Play Services?