all physical butons turn the screen off, but touch screen works fine

chicgeeksf

Reaction score
So, after accidentally putting my phone into airplane mode, I held down the power button to get it back on.

Since then, my screen keeps turning off. The touch screen works fine, but now every physical button (except the power button) shuts the screen down. The volume, the keyboard, even the Home, Search, Back, and Menu keys turn the screen off.

Does anyone know why this may be? Or if I hit some wonky setting?

Thank you in advance.

OP
C

chicgeeksf

Reaction score
Wow. Now the touch screen doesn't work at all.

After searching through my Settings and finding nothing, I plugged my phone back in and now the screen displays nothing but the battery charge.

And the power button (which is the only physical button that won't turn the screen off) WILL NOT turn the phone off.

Is there anything I can do? Or do I need a new one? I just got this phone two weeks ago. I've never loaded anything on it--no music, no apps, nothing--so it's not third party anything.

chickaholic

Reaction score
Borrow a phone and call tech support (free) and they should be able to help you get your phone up and working again. In this case, since the phone is almost brand new, I would take it back to the store for tech support to look at it. It sounds like a fixable problem but f it cannot be fixed, they most likely will replace it.