All Air Gestures are working, except Screen Capture

kwayit

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge everything in Motions and gestures is turned on, even the stuff that I don't want long term. Picture browsing in Gallery works correctly with a hand swipe, but the one that I want... screen cap, doesn't. Suggestions?

OP
K

kwayit

Reaction score
Nevermind. You have to actually touch the screen, not just move your hand across.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Someone just had this same issue on a sister site. Turned out the case he was using was dirty. Once he removed and cleaned that it worked fine

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

OP
K

kwayit

Reaction score
Hand sideways, not palm down, and as you move side to side, let your hand slightly touch the screen. I had been above the phone, assume 'air' gesture. It's actually a touch gesture.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, yea, I get nothing... figures. LOL

Hand sideways, not palm down, and as you move side to side, let your hand slightly touch the screen. I had been above the phone, assume 'air' gesture. It's actually a touch gesture.

reybie

Reaction score
Good info! I still can't make the video pause though, I think I got a kink in my neck from trying last Saturday :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yup you have to touch the screen while sliding your hand over it. I sat down for a good 10min trying to figure it out and then I ended up going on YouTube to see how others did it.

The tutorial in the phone didn't help at all and didn't say that your hand had to touch the screen to take a screenshot.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 via Tapatalk 4