Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
You know the drill. Let's see your creativity and post up your screenshots!

There are a couple of ways to take screenshots on your Galaxy S4:

Method 1:

1. Place the palm of your hand on the screen of S4. Make sure the phone is unlocked, because it won’t work on the locked screen.

2. Swipe your hand across the screen in either direction, left or right. You should hear a camera shutter sound along with a notification appearing on screen saying “copied to clipboard”. You can find the screenshot in your photo Gallery.

Before taking screenshot with this method, make sure the “Palm motion” option is turned on. To on/off this option, go to Settings -> Motions and gestures -> Palm motion, you can enable or disable the “Palm motion” option from here.

Method 2:

Another way to capture screenshot on the S4: simply press power and home button at the same time. Hold both the buttons at same time till you hear the camera shutter sound.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I guess I'll go first. :cool-b:

wicked_1stS4_ss.png

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Found a "galaxyesque" wallpaper last night so this is my current setup:

wicked_ss_2.png

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Wicked, what launcher are you using? Love the clean look. I've been considering changing up my layout considerably - I've pretty much used the same organization since my D1 days, and I already got in the habit of doing it with my S4.

And, while I'm at it with the question, any tips on getting the swipe method for screenshots to actually work? I've got everything turned on, but can't even get it to work in the "try it" mode.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Wicked, what launcher are you using? Love the clean look. I've been considering changing up my layout considerably - I've pretty much used the same organization since my D1 days, and I already got in the habit of doing it with my S4.

And, while I'm at it with the question, any tips on getting the swipe method for screenshots to actually work? I've got everything turned on, but can't even get it to work in the "try it" mode.

I'm using Nova Launcher Prime. I haven't used the swipe method. I just use power + home button to take my screenshots. ;)

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I'm using Nova Launcher Prime. I haven't used the swipe method. I just use power + home button to take my screenshots. ;)

I'd be interested to see if anyone can actually get it to work, haha.

I've been trying out the smart features a bit more today and getting some fairly impressive results. When they work, they really work. When they don't, well, it's rather frustrating.

I really love the eye tracking stuff, but I absolutely hate the fact that it keeps that eye icon in your notification bar. That thing is cluttered enough already. I wish there was a way to keep the features activated, but get rid of the indicator. I also noticed there's no WiFi toggle anywhere - you have to go into settings. Seems like it might be a Verizon thing, which is strange.

jseah

Reaction score
I'd be interested to see if anyone can actually get it to work, haha.

I've been trying out the smart features a bit more today and getting some fairly impressive results. When they work, they really work. When they don't, well, it's rather frustrating.

I really love the eye tracking stuff, but I absolutely hate the fact that it keeps that eye icon in your notification bar. That thing is cluttered enough already. I wish there was a way to keep the features activated, but get rid of the indicator. I also noticed there's no WiFi toggle anywhere - you have to go into settings. Seems like it might be a Verizon thing, which is strange.

Don't know if it is different on the S4 from how it is on the Note 2, but for the longest time I couldn't figure out the "hand-swipe to screenshot" motion either. That is until I figured out that you need to have the edge of your hand touching the screen when you swipe.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Don't know if it is different on the S4 from how it is on the Note 2, but for the longest time I couldn't figure out the "hand-swipe to screenshot" motion either. That is until I figured out that you need to have the edge of your hand touching the screen when you swipe.

Hah, that's precisely it! Takes a couple of times to get right, because if you touch too much, it obviously just swipes your screen. Works flawlessly once you figure it out, though. Thanks!

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Here's what today's homescreen looks like:

myss3.png

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Here's what today's homescreen looks like:

myss3.png

So how are you creating that "studio photoshoot" appearance in your phone pics, huh?? :blink:

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez