ALERT: Droid X High quality Pics

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
droid_x_picture1t1.jpg

Thanks to our member Sal for tipping us.

Here are some REALLY good pics of the Motorola Droid X/Xtreme.

I'm going to go with the Motorola Droid X but lets see how that plays out.

The only thing in question is the Snapdragon processor. I believe that to be inaccurate information and hopefully that is not the case for those die hard Motorola fans. Edit: Just as I thought Moto fans can rejoice. It looks like it will be sporting the 750Mhz TI OMAP3630 processor [Unconfirmed]

Regardless the device is pretty striking.

For more great pics and info hit the link below

As always thoughts and comments?

We've got full size images for all of these spyshots as well, click on the thumbnail for the full version:

[Exclusive] Motorola Droid Xtreme Hands-On Photos Gadget University

More Pics here and here

]UPDATE! Here are some unconfirmed but reliable specs flowing out of HoFo

No front facing camera
Magnet sensors trigger dock and car mount modes
Quadrant System info reads..
CPU (if i keep refreshing the current cpu freq modulates)
Name: ARMV7 Processor Rev 2 (V7i)
Current Req: 1000mhz
Max req: 1000MHZ
Min FReq: 300 MHZ
Cores - 1
Architecture:7
BogoMIPS: 598.90
Hardware: Mapphone_CDMA
Revision:2
OPENGL
Vendor: IMAGINATION TECHNLOGIES
Renderer: PowerVR SGX 530
Version: OpenGL ES-CM 1.1
1500mAh battery
No Sim Slot
Power button and Home button wake the screen when locked

Source: Gadget University

Last edited:

Darkseider

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread. 1Ghz Snapdragon instead of 720Mhz OMAP 3630, if true, would make this phone a failure in my eyes.

Sal

Reaction score
Looks great. So much better the new Droid 2, based on today's new intelligence. No physical keyboard, for those who need that. But, still, I want to know more about this "new" Motoblur. How can that be a good thing at all, except maybe for the remote wipe capability?

Mule65

Reaction score
Great. It's got a big hump on the back so it won't sit nice in a cradle or the flat edge of my car ashtray. :unsure:

Darkseider

Reaction score
Wait a minute. They say there is this new Motoblur on it which according to the back of that phone cannot be correct. The screenshot clearly shows "with Google" which makes it a Google Experience phone and therefore has to be running vanilla Android.

"The Google Experience involves manufacturers including all of the Google mobile apps – such as GMail – together with committing to unrestricted access to the Android Market. In return, they can use Google’s logo on their handset. That’s differentiated from a somewhat less controlling “Android with strings” deployment, where manufacturers sign a distribution agreement for the Google apps but are otherwise free to modify and amend as they see fit. Rubin claims that 12 to 14 of the upcoming phones fall into this mid-tier category.

Finally, manufacturers are free to use Android – and not even tell Google about it – as much as they like, but without the distribution agreement they’re not permitted to use the search giant’s mobile apps. These “Google Free” devices might even hide Android under unrecognizable, custom UIs."

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Darkseider doesn't the Incredible have "with Google" on it as well?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon